• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

One Kid, One BIG fish

My son hooked into this beauty on Saturday July 23/05 minutes before an approaching thunderstorm. Just had time to land her, measure & weigh her, revive and return her to the lake then get the heck out of dodge for the safety of the cabin. Not a bad fish for a 12 year old. Beats his Dad's largest by a pound or two. Still got him on the biggest northern by plenty but I have feeling its only a matter of time.....and I can't wait. laugh.gif

Thanks for the help on posting BDR

bbigwalleye7re.jpg

Congrats to your son! That's a fish he will remember for some time.

Shutterfly is not compatible with this board. Try opening a free account at Imageshack. I have had no problems with them as a host.

Wave Wacker, yes I am thinking of getting a replica made for him. Its his first true trophy sized fish and I'd love to preserve the memory of it for him for life. I wish I had a better camera in the boat with me that day just for that purpose. Plus, the way he so willingly put it back in the lake with just a little coaxing from me after realizing it was an excellent cleanly hooked fish (in the corner of the mouth luv those circle hooks) and realizing we could put a big breeder back in our lake deserves a little reward.

Got a recommendation of a place that won't cost me an arm and a leg but does nice work ?

Congrats on the fish to your son Sportfish1850. A true trophy for him to last a lifetime. I cant wait for My 4, 2,or 2 month year-old kids to cant a trophy like that sometime down the road. The biggest so far for my crew is an 22 inch LG bass by the 4 year old. so he's off to a good start. Yes in general it is great to see them the bigger fish. Once again congrats

EJ

Work is the wasted time between fishing

Don't know anyone up your way and can't comment on the price, but I've seen some work done by Radde Taxidermy from Waconia (hopefully I can put that here??) and it is great! That's where I'd go to, but I'm sure there are others that do good work as well.

I'll tell you one thing about the replicas, you are looking at big bucks to get one mounted. There are coming in anywhere from 10.50 to 12 dollars and inch. $11 an inch is average. Don't have any up-close and personal looks at many replicas, but there are some guys here that have them and am sure they would be willing to help. I asked the same ? last year and got all kinds of helpful responses.

My son caught a 9.75 walleye last winter and did the same thing, He wanted to put it back, there are bigger fish than that to catch he said. But he also said that he wanted people to see the fish, so we started a Wall of Honor where we put pic. of the fish. If its a first time fish, a big fish, kids that don't get to fish often, but big smiles when they do. PRICELESS or just fish caught with good friends. We filled 2 poster size frames and working on 3. Lots of fun to see what you caught over the years and the fun times everyone had. cool.gif

laugh.gifI have a 51" Pike that was done by Artistic Anglers on the wall in my office in Little Falls. Matt Yernatich is the master artist there, and I'l tell you this much, I dont think Ill ever have a reproduction done anywhere else, My Pike is Phenominal, and if I remember right the price just wasnt too bad, but extremely worth it. GREAT FISH BY THE WAY DONT SEE MANY OF THOSE NO MATTER HOW GOOD OF AN ANGLER A PERSON IS!!!!!!! laugh.gif