• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

These look to be some quality rod holders. Best of all the design wont affect my custom cover. I hope to get a couple of these on soon.

DriftMaster rod systems have been my rigs of choice for many years now. Nothing tougher on the market, and to me they have proven to be highly versitile.

When you buy DriftMasters....you buy once...for life...they last...and last....and....who knows...I have yet to wear one out or break one....they may outlast me Eh.

A super product line!!!!

They have models with various pitchs so you can set your spread just the way you like them.

A Kewl system they offer is the T-Bar. Set a spread on one side that can handle multiple rods or a stacker rig if you so need one.

DriftMaster has systems that work for big game and lighter walleye rigging and trolling, check out there line and mounting oftions and see what I mean.

I firmly believe there is no other rod holder stystem out there that is even close to there durability and functionality.

I just recieved my Driftmaster rod holders.

These rodholders really are made to last! shocked.gif

I can't wait to get them mounted on my boat and try them out.

Also really like how easy the bases can be installed at almost any location on my boat. smile.gif

Cliff

As some of you already know, I spend alot of my time on the water trolling. Any of you who troll know the importance of a good rod holder. With downriggers or dipsydivers the ammount of pressure on the rod holder gets pretty extreme. Many of the plastic holders I’ve used have failed altogether. Either that or they’re near impossible to use due to the trouble of getting the rod out when you need to. Enter DRIFTMASTER.

071720.jpg

Driftmaster sent me a pair of their ProTrollers. Constructed of 1/2 inch aluminum and thickly coated with rubber. They offer a number of mounts for these rigs as well as variations in design. The ProTrollers are set at 45 degrees which works great for downrigging.

071714.jpg

Performance wise, I was very impressed. There was no loose play at all when they were locked down with the HUGE wingnut. When the strike hit I was able to set the hook without even removing the rod from the holder. During trolling, the reel is held firmly in place upright unlike “rocket launcher” style tubes that allow the reel to flip upsidedown. Simple, sturdy, and reliable. Gotta love it!

071715.jpg

CLICK ON MY SPONSERS to get a hold of a pair! You won’t be sorry you did!

I have a pair that were supposed to go in the boat a week ago, but life got in the way. Hopefully this week. I am pleased with the heft of these brackets and holders along with the mar-proof coating on the holders themselves.

These are another quality product sponsoring this great site.

I need those!That would definetly make differance when I high speed troll to close to the rocks, I may still have a rod left after the crash. shocked.gif Do they offer alternative mounting kits for glass boats, maybe something that I can incorporate into a cleat or hand rail?

Just gots a couple of these a couple weeks ago. I have been so busy I haven't even gotten them on the boat but they look to be a very solid and heavy duty rod holder. I even ordered one of the universial mount I am pretty sure it will fit over the lip of the otter so I can used it in the winter months. Great looking holder now I just need some time to fish.

And now for the real whammy guys. With the multitude of base options and holder styles, these units are going to be fully adaptable to just about any portable ice unit made while still allowing for full functionability of the shack.

I am already looking to do some adding to the igloo.

Those square mounts might just slip under the flange of the tubs. A couple quick small holes to mount it and another hole to accomodate the holder and bingo. They won't be seen when not in use, but ready when use is needed.

I think these rigs are going to show practical use well beyond the boat.

Well they will turn a twenty foot Stratos and not give. I really have to stop trying to get so close to the rocks. There is alot to be said for super braids and catfish rods. crazy.gif I made a "stand" like the one in chunky trouts pics that stands in two of the holes for my extra seats. Very impressed with the ease of getting the rod out without putting slack in the line. I'm using those "other ones" I had to hold up my spare nets and rods in the garage.

I was able to do a series of these holders in the boat my buddy and I salmon fish out of. By using the flat bases and the "troller" rod holder, we are able to angle the dipsy rods wherever we want them and they stay secure even when running dipsies designed for the 50-60 foot range....lots of stress there on the rods.

I have also added a clamp on model in addition to the static based models in my jon boat and that really is a solid unit. With the river's water temps taking the plunge I should be on the big drink by mid November doing the plastics bite and these rigs will get a good workout then.

I love these holders.