• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MBNA Card

mntraveler

Real crummy deal if you ask me. I know GM is going through some tough times financially, but this isn't how you gain customer loyalty. Look at Cabela's loyalty system. Gander was on the right track, issuing $25 when you reached a certain threshold.

Now that isn't an option. Really is to bad because it DOES reward the customer to use the card. Just another incentive for the cardholder to use the card....hum, guess I'll be cancelling my card now.

Hope Gander can turn their bus around and come out with another rewards/loyalty program later??!?

Cabela's just sent me their $30 free Spring Expo flyer. I love that place. Let me tell you that I've never gone down there with one of their free cash promotions and not spent extra money on something. Yep. They hooked me. I think there are a bunch of Swedish Pimples left with my name on them or I might buy that Frabill Pro-Tech net I've been eyeing up for awhile.

I also bought my ladder deer stand, LX-3, and some other stuff down there with a promotion last fall and received $200 in gift card cash back.

They have definitely caught me hook, line, & sinker. My guess is they have a good thing going since it takes over a half hour to check out on one of these weekends. grin.gif

FYI: MBNA cut back on the program and planned to increase user fees again..so...Gander Mtn cut MBNA.

They are working out all the details with the new rewards program right now. The current MBNA card decided it wanted to change the way the points worked and Gander said "Naaaa..sorry..no way MBNA"..so that is where it stands right now.

A new card will be offered by Gander Mtn June 1st.

yep, I was pretty upset last night when I read the letter, I currently have both the cabelas and gander and use them in their right place, definately one thing you don't want to mess around with is consumer loyalty. The sucky thing is if you haven't reached that $25 voucher limit by June then any points earned get tossed in the trash. I would think GM would follow this up points redemption towards the new card. But nothing has been stated thus far on that note. Bad move Gander, my local loyalty has increased for Marine General, plus the service there is much better.

Thanks for the update Ed. I knew if they wanted to stay ahead of the competion, they'd have to promote a rewards program of some kind.

Wondering if they will give everyone a new start to their next rewards program. I'm all for another 10% or more off on a purchase with a sign - up for a NEW Gander Card:)