• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

non resident hunting in MT.

Just curious. I'm not planning a montana trip, just interested in seeing how things change. 37 years ago, a buddy and I each shot our 1st deer in Montana on a trip with his Dad. IF I remember correctly, you could pick up a doe license almost anywhere. Did not have to apply ahead or anything else.

What does it take now a days for a non-resident to get a license? Like I said, just curious.

When I was 15 I hunted whitetail in Montana. I simply went into a general store and bought a tag. Easy as that. I know that you have to apply to get a buck tag. I think it is hard for even residents to get a buck tag there.

My buddy hunts there pretty much every fall, they just buy thier doe tags over the counter in Miles City, you do have to apply for buck tags however. Unless it changed since this fall, that is what they do.

Im saying there is enough deer here to shoot. You don't need to go to Montana to do it. Keep your money flowing through the MN system if your gonna shoot deer. Go to Montana if you want to shoot elk or moose or mulies.

I go to Montana every other year to visit Mom. I don't hunt big game there anymore, but I do hunt waterfowl and I do a day trip on the Bighorn for Brownies... use to be 7 dollars to hunt waterfowl, now it is about 75 for non resident license.