• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FISH OF A LIFETIME

50 pounds?! How long was it? What was the girth? I am a skeptical person and I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but after taking many 20+ lakers I find it hard to believe that the fish in the picture weighed near 50 pounds. Honestly, I don't mean to belittle anybody's catch but 50 lbs. just sounds a little too high of a guess for me.

50 pounds?! How long was it? What was the girth? I am a skeptical person and I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but after taking many 20+ lakers I find it hard to believe that the fish in the picture weighed near 50 pounds. Honestly, I don't mean to belittle anybody's catch but 50 lbs. just sounds a little too high of a guess for me. Also, where was it caught?

Nice fish... my only bit of advice would to be NOT to push the fish up at the camera, most fisherman know this lil' trick and all it does is take away from or make people skeptical of your size claim.... it makes it easier if you hold the fish up near your body so people can compare the fish to a person. Like I said... Nice fish and welcome to the FM site !

Nice lake trout bonstrosity,

Looks like you have my 35 lb lake trout beat. I can tell that's one heavy fish.

Lake trout are one of the heaviest fish per inch.

Mine was 43" long with a 28" girth. No comparison to a 50 pounder. Way to go ! laugh.gif

trout2.jpg

Ugh, after seeing these pictures... I am gonna have to take a few more days to chase big trout... I guess the little fish can wait... grin.gif there is nothing like a huge laker taking your bait while ice fishing...

Nice fish!!!! Where did that beast come from?

Thanks for the warm welcome to the site, and for all the recognition on that fish. I should almost stop fishing right now b/c I don't know if I'll ever get one like that again...Ah who am I kidding I'm going to keep my line in the water untill someone has to do it for me. As for mathothand, I'll look up the measurements for you, I don't have them off hand if you find a table for lake trout that takes into consideration length and girth...I've been told they don't exist, I've only seen a few of them. You can take a look at the picture though, Look at my right arm in the picture...it's bent so that means it's not that far away from me, I'm 6'2 275lbs and the guide is standing a little farther back and he's about 300lbs size wise if that helps your skepticism any.