• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snowmobile Trailers - Your Opinion Please

wisepd

Ive got a FLOE and have always been real happy with it. It's 11 years old and the only thing I've done is put on a set of tires and paint the deck. The torsion axle still performs as well as always. My buddy has a Triton and has had it about the same length of time and has replaced the decking.....but he likes LOTS of studs in his tracks on his sled. Otherwise no troubles. I would say any of the majors are ok but watch out for "lightweight" brands that use smaller gauge aluminum.

wisepd-

Make sure you get an 8'x10' aluminum. I would personally steer clear of an 8'x8'

My trailer is an America Eagle sport trailer or Eagle Sport trailer. I've looked all over the net to find this company and I can't pull them up with a search. I can tell you I bought it at Anoka-Ramsey Sports Center in Ramsey, MN. They still sell them there. I would recommend this trailer in a heartbeat, I love it.

Otherwise, I'd probably say a SledBed by Neuman's Manufacturing Inc. Sledbeds are very popular.

I'll second the floe trailers. The new oil bath hubs are great, the same concept that semi trucks use. The versatrack system is one of the best if you want to use the trailer for hauling other toys like atvs, motorcycles, even pwc's. They run about $250 more than the other brands but I think it's worth it. The sled bed and triton 2 place tiltbeds will both run really close to $1000 with no accessories. If you don't have a factory cover for you sled or if you are going to be trailering a lot a salt shield is a must. A totally enclosed trailer is ideal but that will always add about another grand to your trailer. It will keep your ride clean and save so much corosion.

Flow does make a nice 8x10 alum. trailer. dont rember where i bought a pair of coiled springs that slide over the pivot rod of bed and holds trailer in the up position while loading. A real handy thing when loading by your self.

My next trailer will be an 8x14 aluminum. I will in the future have 2 sleds, and I have an otter portable ice house. When the dog has to get loaded in the back of the truck, the otter has to go on the trailer. Right now with my 8x10, that means I am limited to taking only 1 sled along. A bummer if the wife & kids want to go riding.

I bought a sledbed 6 months ago. I bought the 8x10 with the V front on it. I really like it so far. I bought the one with a ramp because it is 100 times better for loading snowmobiles. I like the tilt for my ATV but the ramp is best for sleds (i think). It was about 500 less than the Floe (with the dealers around here). So for me it was a no brainer. I think the Floe may last longer but you also have to pay for it.