• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

insulated bibs question

aprowl

Question

need help on deciding which kind of bibs to get..going to use them for deer hunting and ice fishing ...looked at browning duck commander classic thermal insulated with gore tex shell and ducks unlimited whitewater thinsulate with rain blocker...thanks for any help

14 answers to this question

If you're deer hunting, make sure you see if they make noise wink.gif with your finger nail. That's a bad noise in a quiet woods. I have a pair of cheap Walmart specials I've been using for about 5 years now. What's important is what's on underneath. I use a DAYMART layer, or any of those mix breads of insulation, but close to the skin. The perspiration will wick through into the second layer I have. this goes for top, and bottom.

I have lots of adreniline, so I really stay warm with hardly any effort.

I went with wool bibs. I have used them for duck hunting, archery and gun deer hunting an ice fishing. Not only when you layer properly do they keep you warm, but they are quiet in the woods.

I have the browning duck commanders and used them last year for ice fishing,not enough material in the knees they wore a bit.good for duck hunting to expensive for ice fishing.carrhart arctic extreem my vote.

The concern with duck commander browning or whitewater bibs is that the material may be a bit thin for rugged wear- like kneeling down on the ice. No reinforcement in the knee area.

I have a pair of knock off Gander Mountain waterproof bibs and they have lasted me the last 2 years, going on 3 years. The bibs you are looking atare on sale right now at GM's for 40% I believe. Heck of a deal for GORE-TEX products.

The material is thin, but are you planning on crawling on your knee's?

IF you are looking to be verstile with the bibs- they are designed for duck hunters and duck hunting only. The material used on them is very loud when cold- not good for deer hunting.

My bibs are great and would recommend them highly. Good luck.

CaptainBRK I blew the same bibs from gander out in 1 season. Had the knees down reinforced and need to do the same to the crotch. Plus the inner liner is ripping out all over. Maybe just a bad pair but Ill take my extremes over them for icefishing any day. They are also losing waterproof ability quickly.