• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I thought I would start a Wisconsin ice report thread. I have a cabin on Big Round Lake in Polk County and the lake is skimmed over with about 1/2 inch of ice. There are a couple of small holes in the middle and there is a dusting of snow on the ice. Its 24 degrees and calm so it should be making more ice tonight. I am hoping to have the tip-ups out next weekend.

Rice Lake is 3/4 skimmed over this morning. Was walking on ice on a backwood bluegill lake up by Solon Springs on Tuesday, had about 1.5 inches on it. Was not fishing, just driving by and had to check it out.

Luck bites-

I have a cabin on Devils right between yellow and Mac.

Iam up there almost every weekend. Drop me a line if you want to venture out sometime, always looking for a drinking/fishing buddy

not always in that order! grin.gif

Went out yesterday on about 3 inches. Panfish were crazy. Tip ups were slow. Panfish were biting on waxies more than minnows. 20 in largemouth on a tip up. Good luck to all.

Good to hear Pax! What size lake were you on? I was going to venture up for 1st ice this weekend but with the weather predictions I'm going to hit the St. Croix 1 last time in the boat. I'll be on the ice up there next weekend. Keep the reports coming in on safe ice.

We'll have to hook up some time this winter Mudman. I get up there as often as possible but get lazy and stay in a permanent to often...

If the pick goes through, don't follow it smile.gif

protrapper, my family has a cabin in the stumps and i have grown up fishing that bay my whole life. I went out and checked the ice on saturday and it was not safe yet, maybe 1.5 inches of soft ice. I'll probally try to make it back the next couple of weekends and I can let you know how the ice is doing.

I made the rounds checking ice conditions this weekend...

Clam lake by the narrows has the usual open water by the channel but many locals have been getting out on 4-5" for the past week or 2.

Big Mac - south half has opened but the NW half was still covered. Some had ventured out on the NW half in the last week

Middle Mac - 80 open and probably 100 after these winds

Rooney - fishable?

Fish - fishable?

Long - fishable?

Yellow - open

Devils - 70% open

When I say fishable I just mean there was enough ice for me to get out:) Where I fished I had 2.5-4" throughout. If these winds would die down tonight we should be able to more exploring smile.gif this weekend. Early ice crappies were hot this weekend!!!

I don't live in the area so I don't have a current update. I have a cabin on the lake and won't be up until Friday night. I will post Friday night and let you know what I find. I have an inquiry out on the Polk County Lakes thread asking for an update.