• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

did any one try them can calls?

I called in a 6 pointer (antlers wide as his ears) on Saturday with the can. I could hear it walking around my open area but he would not come out in the open. I hit the can a couple of times in conjunction with a few grunts and he was out there in a couple of minutes. Like said in a previous post the buck must be around to hear the call in order for it to work. If I can hear the animal but can't see it is when I like to use the calls. Good luck!

I think I've heard it a few times, or very close to it.

I usually use the can by itself 2-4 times. I called in a forky Friday night with the can that I was going to shoot, but I hit a branch at very close range & completely missed him. Worked out pretty good though, when I decided I'd missed & tried grunting him back in, a bigger 6 pointer marched in & I drilled him through the shoulder blade & both lungs at probably 8 yards. He ran maybe 120 yards out into an alfalfa field & took a long nap...

I'd already used my buck tag, but my brother-in-law who was hunting with me still had his & gave me the green light.

i used mine last sat. night. I couldnt see anything because I just walked up and sat on a random open 20yd area. then after 10min or more of using the bleat, I heard a deer snort about 4 times, which wasn't a good thing. an hour later a fawn came out that was about it. after hearing the unfortunate snort, I had my confidence back in the can. I used the original one, by primos.

-JN

Thanks for the info, I need to get one for my GF, for this weekend, I already used mine opening morning and shot a 6-pointer and about 10 minutes later a 8-10 pointer that I shot but we couldn't find. Both deer along with a button buck came rolling around 15 minutes after doing my second call.

I used one for the first time on opening weekend and a buck went crashing by... too far away to shoot through the brush... and I stopped... so did he.. I started again and he went crashing back to where he came from... he didn't have a darn clue were I was calling from.. the wierdest thing I've seen.

My wife was sitting in my stand this morning and called in a 210# 8 point buck using the Primo Big Can. He came walking right in to 30 yards from the stand. She was so impressed with the can that she is hooked. The buck came out of an ash swamp and didn't even see her in the stand. My father was amazed that the buck responded to it. I have to buy him one now. grin.gif

It will be on the wall soon!!

Good luck hunting!!

ANYBODY use the Primos Lil Can? I have one, and had a little buck interested in it last Saturday. Seemed to be doing OK. I was trying to get him in position for my little 12 year old hunting partner's first buck but he was on the wrong side of me and I didn't want to shoot him so we didn't get him. frown.gif He was probably only 25 yards away though and sure seemed to like that can.