• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whisker Biscuit noise

Lip RIPPER!

Does anybody have trouble with their whisker biscuit being noisy when they draw their bow? I pulled back on a doe last night and it sounded incredibly loud. I shot a doe earlier this season without any trouble with the noise and haven't noticed any noise when practicing either. Is there something I can do to correct it?

Yes,

I shoot gold tip hunters 5575. One of them has something on the camo finish. I have no idea where I picked it up but it is there. I have tried cleaning it but it is almost like the arrow is scratched? Sounds weird but I only use it with a field tip. All the other arrows with camo finish or the ones without are very quiet. Yes Ole it's a rest. I would try another arrow just to see. I have never used another rest but I would guess there would be a little more noise with the biscuit then a drop-away. Just pull back really slowly grin.gif

Joel

You guys that are having noise issues with your whisker biscuit are you shooting aluminum arrows??? I have switched to carbon arrows and a whisker biscuit and have never had a problem. Something to look at also is there are two types of whisker biscuits on the market one for carbon arrows and the other is for aluminum arrows. If you are shooting aluminum through a carbon whisker biscuit the arrow will fit pretty snug and may cause more friction and noise when you draw back.

Thank you Daytona! I've shot a whisker bisket/biscuit/roll/bun? for years & never heard boo from it with any of my carbons, maybe it is the aluminum arrows. When I started hearing guys talk about them being too noisy & ripping fletching off this year I was seriously starting to wonder if somebody was on crack, or whatever's popular in that world these days...

I looked at the package the biscuit came in and it said it was for aluminum arrows and that is what I shoot. I tried a new and different arrow and the noise was just about completely gone. I tried some other arrows that I use for practice and they were really quiet. Must have just been that arrow.

Bought a new Matthews LX this year, and shot it through a chronograph using a traditional launcher type rest and a whisker biscuit with Easton ACC arrows...very minimal difference. Yes, the WB was slightly slower, but not nearly enough to make a difference. Very quiet, durable and accurate rest. It took me about 90 seconds and about 3 shots to get it dialed in. I absolutely love it, and will never shoot another type of rest.

I've shot a launcher style rest with aluminum arrows for over ten years. This year I decided I'd give the biscuit and carbons a try. Man I wish I would have tried them earlier. My arrow grouping has improved geatly along with my maximum range. The biscuit has eliminated any little fletching contact that I had with my launcher style rest. The only drawback I have found, as like mentioned, is the noise. The biscuit is a little louder when drawing back than my old launcher rest with the shrink tubing. Not a lot louder, but noticeable.

Huskie,

Over 35 yds?? Sheesh, I don't even take shots over 35 yds, heck under 30 is my range of guaranteed effectivness. Even then too much can go wrong. I just don't see the arguement against WBs for that reason. No offense intended. smile.gif

I have had the WB since they first came out. I have not had any noticeable noise, but, I am also using the older style skinny carbons. My consistency improved and my confidence was improved knowing that I can't "knock off" my arrow as I am getting ready to draw. Shot plenty of deer with it, no problems.

From what I found when I owned one is that the temperature makes a difference too. When it gets colder, they get louder. Also, depending on whether you shoot feathers or not, they rip the heck out of your fletchings. They dont hold a candle to the drop-away rests. But if you seem to drop your arrow a lot, or it falls off your rest when the big one is within range, they are probably the ticket for you.

This is my first year with a WB.

I shoot aluminium and have not noticed much for noise, in fact, I drew back on 2 bucks that were within 20 yards and they diddnt even flinch. I also shot feathers through it all summer and fall practicing with no ill affects.

So far I'm pretty happy.