• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Here's the updated list for this winter's ICE Series...

Jan 8th - Winnibigoshish - Denny's Resort

Jan 22nd - Medicine Lake (Metro) - Harty's Boatworks

Jan 29th - Burntside Lake near Ely

Feb 5th - Minnetonka - Spring Park Bay Public Access

Feb 12th - Rush Lake - CJ's on Rush

Feb 19th - Nelson Lake, Hayward, Wisconsin- Nelson Lake Landing Resort

Feb 26th - Channel Lake, Fox Lake Chain of Lakes, Illinois

March 5th - Cool Cats - Horseshoe Lake, Richmond, MN

March 19th - Rainy Lake - Woody's Resort

Click here for information on registration.

www.iceleaders.com

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Come on guys, can't you get that Medicine Lake tournament a little closer to my house...I might have to put the truck in drive instead of reverse.

I just have a good feeling about that time in January. We always have good ice then, and the road system will be top notch as usual. I have the best bait around and the bait shop will be more than ready for this great get together. CAN'T WAIT !!!! cool.gif

lakeman

I asked this same question earlier. LOW is my favorite lake period! I was disappointed. But LOW, Red, and Mille Lacs were all lakes on the schedule last winter. I have no problem with scheduled events on different lakes to bring variety to those who frequent the I.C.E. series ,and also bring new events to areas that haven't hosted an I.C.E. series before. Seems like a win/win situation for most everybody!

Nice meeting you the other day Joe.Matt was right,your going to need a weeks rest after the event in your back yard.I realy think that is going to be one of the more popular events this season.I have never fished it personaly but the way the guys on the fourm talk about it,I am stoked about trying it this year.Glad your helping us out with it.

It would have been nice to get to some more northern lakes this season.We do have 3 northern lakes that are going to be a great time.

Winnie was the most fun for me last year.Fishing was great and we saw a lot of fish caught.

Burntside was a blast last year also.Those guys up in Ely know how to have a good time.And if you have never caught a lake trout through the ice,you just don't know what your missing.They FIGHT HARD!

I am also looking forward to fishing Rainy Lake this season.Woody's will be a good time and although I have nver fished the hard water on the lake,I hear the fishing is great.The date is planned for good weather and so that you can get out and catch some eyes when the rest of the state has closed the season.

Some of the other events close to metro will be a good time also.

Minnetonka is one of the popular ice fishing lakes in the Metro area.Good for panfish,pike and walleye.This also will be a popular event.

And we can't for get Rush near Rush City along 35.This lake has immpressed me every time I have fished it.And its becoming a favorite of mine.

The out of state events will be an adventure.We chose the best ice fishing lakes we could in those states,and are expecting it to be a great time.I am looking forward to these events as well.

Sweet list! I'm gonna try to get up to Burntside this winter. I've got a friend who's going to school in Ely, so I can just crash at her place.cool.gif I don't know about making it to the Med tourny though. Its just too much work to drive a 1/2 mile to the lake.grin.gif Hey Joe, I'm lookin' forward to moochin' off of ya again this winter! *ROTFL* grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

BDR, lookin forward to meeting you too, should be a gas !

Dennis, yeah things sure moved along quick after meeting you and Rick, I think I have my health back, almost. This is one tough cold to shake.

Medman,.......where do I start with you ? How bout get some sleep !! cool.gif

lakeman

Is there a list of the door prizes for each of the events? Also where does the entry fee money go, I would guess in some cases there could be a significant turn-out so I was curious where the money went if possibly a certain amount of the proceeds went to some outdoor improvement project or something like that and if so who?

We are going to miss URL this year.

We designed this years ICE Series from feeback and requests from our Ice Leaders family.We would like the ICE Series to come to a lake near every one we can.This year we will be very busy with 8 events and hopefully folks can attend at least one near their home.

Like last year proceeds will go toward improving and expanding the ICE Series and providing a great time for all the contestants.We are still working on prizes.We do have some very good sponsors for this year all ready.We will have a full list of sponsors and some of the prizes very soon.

We can't fish all the world class lakes in one season.Heck,with the schedule we have this year,my wife won't recognize me by the end of the season! grin.gif

We have 3 events in northern MN, Rainy Lake, Winnibigosh, and Burntside.All quality fisheries.

Then we have 3 in the central part of the state.Rush,Minnetonka, and Medicine.Again these are quality waters known for good ice fishing that are popular with anglers.

By popular demand we added an event in Wisconsin on Nelson Lake.One of the best ice fishing lakes in Wisconsin.

And for our Illinois friends an event on one of Illinois best ice waters, Fox Chain.

Plus we have an additional catfish event on the Horseshoe Chain near St.Cloud. No doubt the best ice catfishing destination in Minnesota.

Any one of these events should be no longer than a couple hours drive for folks.

If your favorite lake isn't included this season,we invite you to try a new lake with us and our Ice Leaders Prostaff helping you get on fish.

Maybee you will find a new favorite lake this season. cool.gif

I.C.E. Series