• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

High School Playoffs

tadpole

I was wondering if you have started playoffs yet. How do the playoffs work in MN. We begin tonight. For those of you I have spoken too during the regular season. We finished 6-3 running the old Wing-T. Averaged 29.6 points per game. We lost our first 3 games and won out the last 6. We play away tonight, North of Lafayette, IN, aganist a good passing team. We have stuggled this year in our secondary, so it should be interesting.

Good luck to all the high school players on here and I will post how we do.

Tad

Regarding how the playoff system works in MN... There are 6 classes based on enrollment (5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, A, and nine man). Each class has 8 sections, each consisting of 6 to 8 seeded teams. The sections play down to the 8 section champs, then the state tournament plays down to the point where the semi finals and finals are played in the Metrodome. The finals are known as the "Prep Bowl" and it takes all day to work through the 6 games to determine the state champs in all six classes. The Prep Bowl typically starts around 8:00 AM (yikes, how would you like to get up for a game that started then?) and the biggest class usually finishes up around midnight.

The MN playoffs begin Tuesday with most teams being in action (a few in certain sections get byes).

Well the season is over, we lost 36-28. 3 touchdowns in 30 seconds to start off the game. Too bad 2 of them were their's. Well back to dreaming of fishing and the weight room.

Tad

tadpole,

Sorry to hear your team lost. Look at it on the bright side, now you have time go give fishing reports instead of football reports grin.gif .

Yea the 8:00 9 man game is tough but playing in the Dome will get anyone jacked up no matter what time of day it is! It is kind of neat to be done playing really early and be able to watch the other schools play.

Granny

we are still in it we beat north branch last night 34-21. Play St michael on saturday. All Northwest Suburban Conference teams won last night except the two that played each other, so if any one doesnt have a clue what the toughest conference is they should now.

Blaine beat Coon Rapids 35-7 ( ouch MJ)

Maple Grove beat Park Center 21-14

Anoka beat forest lake 42-13

Centennial Beat Moundsview

Champlin Park had a bye

Osseo beats Armstrong,

A bad Northwest suburban team is good team any where else, ask osseo or centennial the two worst this year.

Best Fishes

Chris

when my son played he played for mankato west the first year they won the champion ship an the next year he played for nicollet 9 man so that year we went to the first game an the 2nd to last game made for a long day

Huskie, You forgot one score from the NWSC:

Elk River 33-12 over St. Francis.

Unfortunately, Rogers didn't make the playoffs this year, but we did pick up our first varsity win in the 2 year history of the school, beating Monticello 25-7 two weeks ago. Good luck to all teams on Saturday.

Totino killed Monti last week. Don't know about this week yet. My almamater is TG. Two straigt years of state champions here we come! Only losses last two years have been to Wayzata, a bigger school. Two years ago it was 6-3, and this year they wooped us in the 2nd half.

2-AA Waterville won their game over sibley east 15-0. They played hard nose football and its back to new richland for the section campionship next friday. New richland beat waterville 21-20 for the conferemce title. Now the boys want the section title and a chance at more. GO BUCS !!!!!

Section 7A Semi-Final Report. Nashwauk-Keewatin Spartans 37, Silver Bay Mariners 6. We play Barnum next Friday in Duluth. Should be a good game as Barnum handed us one of our two losses for the season. The other loss came to Greenway.

onamia loss agianst barnum, referees screwed us over, the center twitchs during punt, tip to Nashwauk, keep the inside line low and have them drive back so they cant pull the linemen. watch counter, counter was the only real play they had against our six-two defense. just my two cents.

IFallsRon,

Public Schools Stadium has the 7A and 7AA final on Friday night. 5:00 is the Spartan game and at 7:30 and Esko plays Moose Lake/Willow River.

The Falls plays Virginia at home. No work on Friday so I get to be up there in time for the game. I'll be in the top row cheering with the Kostiuks. It should be a good time!

I don't know if you could call any of the games in the playoffs upsets. I think it was wide open this year. Proctor was overrated. Virginia is a 5th seed because of their record, but they lost a lot of close games. They are a good team. I was surprised at the score of the Two Harbors/Hermantown game, but not that Two Harbors won. I think the winner on Friday will have a hard time with East Grand Forks or Crookston the next week.

Hey Greg, that sure was one heck of a football game against your team, Nashwauk. Two very evenly matched ball clubs. Does anyone know if the state semifinals will be televised this year, I know they always telvise the prep bowl but couldn't remember if they do for the semi's. Thanks-LaVoi