• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kid's sled???

rl_sd

So.... I have an 8yr old and a 10 yr old. The 8 yr old has been blessed with my body type while the 10 yr has been blessed with my height.... either way, they have both outgrown the 120. I have had the older son on my wife's 2006 Ski Doo  600 touring sled. He does good with throttle control and turning, but doesn't seem to have enough weight to throw around on while side hilling in the ditches and trails. The younger has the weight but lacks the length need to touch the running boards effectively and hasn't driven "mom's sled" at all. I've been looking at 340/440 pumas and jags, but the price of them have seemed to sky rocket as the 120 crowd has needed to move to the next step. I worry about some of the older style sleds and the boys having enough arm strength to turn them. What is everyone's thoughts on the next progression?

There are a ton of nice used 340's on C/List and FB Market Place.  Since their kids and may drive it into a tree or two, you may be better off getting a good used one for them to "Break-In"  and you can save up for a newer nicer one in a few years. ?

Although older some of them can have low miles because they are kind of transition sleds and not ridden very much.  Don't get stuck on a brand at this level. Find a nice Indy  lite two up and make um take turns riding together!  ? Good Luck. 

C/list now

1994 Arctic Cat Puma, 340cc - $750 (Zimmerman)

image.png.745722f07e9a1bef00b58b89eb38246b.png

Marketplace

Sports & Outdoors

Arctic cat ‘98 Jag Deluxe

Avon, MN · about a day ago · 

$1,500

For sale this Arctic Cat 340 Jag ‘98 snowmobile in very good condition. Great dependable sled! Cat features plastic ski’s, low mileage (999 miles), and has electric start that works, but needs new battery. Perfect for that younger rider.

82095585_1625077300967453_2592343509977530368_o.jpg

Edited by leech~~

You are the wife on FB?

Marketplace

1997 Polaris Indy Lite 340 EStart!

Ortonville, MN · over a week ago ·

$1,800

About This Vehicle

Automatic transmission

Exterior color: Blue · Interior color: Blue

Seller's Description

1997 Polaris Indy Lite 340 EStart!!! Great for kids and EStart makes running it easy! Fisherman special! Machine is in great shape!

image.png.281b82d9554ef2743fb90b11afd85a8f.png

image.png.55722ebc1f82a2278fb70d1cbcd45405.png

2 hours ago, rl_sd said:

Thanks leech. I have been looking for Indy Lites down here by Sioux Falls but they are few and far between. I'll keep an eye out.

I see a 1995 ARCTIC CAT PUMA DELUXE 340 - $550 that just showed up on CL over night down in Canton. Looks like it needs a little work but might be what your looking for? LINKY

1 hour ago, rundrave said:

I see a 1995 ARCTIC CAT PUMA DELUXE 340 - $550 that just showed up on CL over night down in Canton. Looks like it needs a little work but might be what your looking for? LINKY

Awesome... going to have to check it out

3 hours ago, rundrave said:

Looks like this one is gone already. ?

I had 97 puma I paid $900 and had under 1000 miles on it . All 3 of my boys grew up driving it. Two years ago I sold it with 3500 miles on it for 800 and I wish I still have it. The small cats are very reliable and don't have the clutch problems the bigger ones have.

I also had a indy lite for them that didn't give us any problems either.

Edited by fishingstar