• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Riding Lawn Mower/garden Tractor

SPrada

Planning on buying a riding mower/garden tractor this weekend and would love some recommendations for specific models to check out. It will primarily be used for mowing the 1 acre flat area surrounding the house, but I'd also like to be able to attach a spreader or dump trailer to spread compost, seed, and all that fun stuff! I DO NOT want a zero turn, so please no recs for those!

I know to stay away from the big box stores and head to a tractor dealer, and I think I'm wanting something with around 25hp to be able to handle the attachments? Would like to stay around or under $2000-$3000. From old threads I saw some positive reviews for the Craftsman Garden Tractor and the Cub Cadet Z force. Any other suggestions?

Check out the simplicity line of mowers. We upgraded last summer to a broodmoor with the 25hp Briggs and 48” fab. Deck. A little out of your price range but check out the regent line of mowers as well thats More in your price range. Good luck with your search! 

7 minutes ago, rundrave said:

so many new posters from Cali.....hmmmmm? and they only post in each others threads and one has a link to another site. Where is @leech~~ when you need him to call out the SPAM

Looking at this one right now! ?

Is West Caribou Air out of Staunton Lake still in business?

spam-can-collection.jpg

Edited by leech~~

Maybe too late but last year I bought a Husqvarna TS 348XD. This thing is great. It is on the "Lawn Tractor" border line between Lawn Tractor and a Garden Tractor. It is really well built and gets good traction with the lock up differential.

Bill