• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2017 F150 Exterior Light Issue

Yesterday the exterior lights under the side mirrors, all pick up bed lights and the tailgate light would intermittently turn on and go off.  I checked to make sure all doors were shut and checked all the lighting options in the vehicle.  The light issue killed my battery and it is very slow to take a charge.  Has anyone seen something like this?  I checked on line and didn't see any mention of an issue like this.

My truck is a 2017 Ford F150 Lariat with the 3.5 ecoboost.  I called the dealership and they said they could get it in the week of April 22.  A lot of good that is going to do me when the vehicle is dead.

So that is still under warranty?

Do those lights run off a photosensor and come on automatically?  Could you pull the appropriate fuse so the truck would still run and not die until you can get it to the dealer?  

Thanks Del.  Yes, it is still under warranty.  The lights are not run off a photosensor that I can tell.  They are supposed to only come on when you open the doors. 

I was able to find someone with the same issue on a Ford forum.  They said it is a bad cargo bed light switch that creates the issue.  Bed lights are run off a switch in the bed itself.  I tried to figure out what fuse it was last night, but I couldn't find it.  I ended up disconnecting the switch for the bed lights and that fixed the intermittent light issue.  Battery took a charge and I was able to drive it today.  Tailgate does not open now and truck bed lights do not work.  The fuse to disable the power to the switch must be the one labeled "tailgate".  Going to stop by the dealership to get/order the new switch and see how that goes.