• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Country Ribs

Yup, it does, Mike. Works on pork and beef. I use apple cider vinegar mixed with concentrated apple juice for an overnite marinade.  

From the USDA:

Q:

Can you tenderize steak with vinegar?

A:

QUICK ANSWER

A steak can be tenderized using vinegar, according to the United States Department of Agriculture. The vinegar is used to enhance the flavor of the steak, and it is usually added in a marinade that is applied to the steak before cooking.

KNOW MORE

FULL ANSWER

The acid in the vinegar helps to break down the meat's tissue and allows the steak to absorb more fluid. A vinegar marinade can be prepared using a mixture of vinegar, oil, spices or herbs. The vinegar also aids in the absorption of spices into the steak. A pound of steak requires half a cup of marinade and should always be marinated covered with a lid in the refrigerator.

LEARN MORE ABOUT MEAT
Sources:

Buy a cheap tablet.  It can be used for lake maps as well.  There was one on amazon for 34 bucks some guys on here were using for that.   Sorry, can't find the discussion. 

I looked on Amazon and it appears you can get a usable tablet for under 50 bucks. 

Wally world also has inexpensive tablets, I believe.

Edited by delcecchi

Just something else for me to fiddle with, Del.  Plus, extra cash for things like that isn't on hand.  I try to limit my "electronic time"...that includes TV. Gives me more time to fiddle with food. I'm too old school. I do just fine with my Motorola dinosaur flip phone. Last month's air time used was 6 mns. :grin:

Speaking of ribs, Silver Lake food has racks of them for $1.99 lb.....