• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Extended warranty on 2013 Escape/ 2.0 Ecoboost

I guess I wouldn't. All stats point toward the fact that you're better off not getting one. For the first time in my life, I checked one out from an online Ford dealer that was directly from Ford...for half the price the dealers here wanted. 100% everything covered, $50 deductible. My Ford dealer matched their price, so I bought it. Think it was $600. Dealer wanted like $1200. Right after my warranty expired, had front struts blow, and dimmer switch broke. Cost me $50. So, I got a chunk of my investment back. But, I'd guess If i had to do it again, I'd just save the money. It's basically a crapshoot. Just my opinion.

Edited by RebelSS

We took the extended warranty when we purchased a used car recently but then cancelled it within a few weeks after thinking it over a little more.

We did a lot of research on extended warranties and most people never recoup the money out of them.  If you do end up needing to use the warranty you'll then have to worry about the warranty company actually paying out.  In my research I read about a lot of issues with warranty companies saying the repair was due to neglected maintenance or some other issue that voided the warranty.  If you do buy the warranty make sure to research the company to get a sense if there is an unusual amount of complaints about them. 

After checking into this a little more we've decided against buying the extended warranty. Even 1 of the guys that works at our local Ford garage, that we know , wouldn't recommend it. Thanks for the input guys. Have you heard of any major issues with the Ecoboost, Jeremy?

The 2.0 Eco in my '13 Escape has been great.  67,000 miles.

There have been reports of some carbon build up issues on the intake valves of the 2.0 engine.  I've ran 100% full synthetic oil in mine and I have not had a hiccup.  I'm no expert, but reading about the carbon issues it may result from conventional oil?  I use full synthetics in all engines..