• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2015 Unguided Public Land MT Elk Hunt

Scoot

Eeesh, I left this thread for a bit and it sure spiraled downhill fast!  LOL! 

I don't do anything special to prepare for my hunts.  I work out 3-4x/week all year long, then I try run a bit more before the hunt and I also try do some weighted pack workouts too.  I've got some nasty back problems so I'm not supposed to run or do heavy pack workouts at all, so I try to not go crazy with them and I don't tell my doctor I do them (don't tattle on me please).  I do a combo of some light weights and cardio all year long and that keeps me at a decent baseline so I can ramp up a bit over the summer. 

Boar, there are actually structured workouts with an outfit called "Train to Hunt" that are just what you're asking about.  Honestly, get a good cardio workout several times per week and it's my opinion that it's all details after that. 

As for the actual outfit I wear when I work out (regarding the leotard comments), I generally work out naked.  However, the people at the YMCA don't take too kindly to that, so just a heads up that one shouldn't do that there.  :D