• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Done with sinkers! Nils USA Tungsten jigs do not cover the eye loops with paint.

walleye44

I have to say. I have had some Clam Tungsten jigs. One thing I hate is when these companies paint their jigs they cover the eye loops. When you break that hole you ruin some of the paint on the jig itself.

These new NILS USA tungsten jigs do not paint the eye loops so no missing paint! Finally, someone figures that out. I am really looking forward to using this jigs. I am new to tungsten jigs, but I like the fact that the fish stop following my sinker on the flasher. full-17684-52970-img_20150128_221026_999

full-17684-52971-img_20150128_221004_086

i'm not sure what brand they are, but I've got a handful of those little tungsten jigs that have problems with the hooks snapping. I know it was a problem with some brand a few years ago, but I thought they got it figured out. They are tungsten jigs and they have a little bead on the hook. I wish I remember where they came from so I can remember to not buy them again.

What model of potato did you take those pictures with?

LMAO

Go with lighter drag/line with thin small hooks.I guess it depends on what your fishing for.I seem to remember having a batch of lindy ice jigs that the hooks would break.I like the small lindy toads(older 1st models with protruding eyes)for walleyes.With 6 lb you have to be careful with drag or you will/can break the hook off.Good luck catchin!c63

i'm not sure what brand they are, but I've got a handful of those little tungsten jigs that have problems with the hooks snapping. I know it was a problem with some brand a few years ago, but I thought they got it figured out. They are tungsten jigs and they have a little bead on the hook. I wish I remember where they came from so I can remember to not buy them again.

Great.... I picked up a bunch last night that have the little bead on them!

Go with lighter drag/line with thin small hooks.I guess it depends on what your fishing for.I seem to remember having a batch of lindy ice jigs that the hooks would break.I like the small lindy toads(older 1st models with protruding eyes)for walleyes.With 6 lb you have to be careful with drag or you will/can break the hook off.Good luck catchin!c63

I had two break in 15 minutes with 2 lb line fishing for crappies. Unacceptable.

They were a week old too.

Hooks are breaking because the incredible high temps to work with tungsten is taking the temper out of the hooks, making them brittle.The chemicals in chrome/black plating can do that too. Some companies would rater paint in the eyes than get paint on the hook tips which again leaves the eyes in the spray pattern. It's an industry problem that is here to stay because labor is expensive and extra touches mean extra expense we won't pay as fisherman. If the manufacture racks jigs by the eye to paint then the hook gets it, if they hold them from the hook end the eye gets it.

Never had a problem with the fiska hooks. Well except pulling them out of a channel cat or stugeon lip , the hook would straighten out while useing a pliers on rare ocasion one would snap, show me a hook that doesn't when applying so much force. The eyes are not painted over except a few occasions.

I'm intrigued by that second style of the nils I dont think ive seen that style in tungsten before.

This Nils USA Banana jig killed the crappies this weekend! full-17684-53090-500_4.jpg