• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Go to color

gdog

Just curious, what is your most successful (in terms of number of fish) decoy color? I have about every combination there is, with some very realistic decoys, but red and white seems to always produce.

I think it depends on a lot of factors like water clarity, how active the fish are, etc., but if I could only ever use one again it would be something primarily white (and red and white has been a producer for most people). I made a smaller white decoy with black tiger stripes that is fantastic more often than not.

The two merk posted are Brad Lang flippers.

I carry a mix of colors both natural muted shades and brighter shades. But if I was told I could only use one for the rest of forever it would be a toss up between these two patterns...

9109C217-ABE8-4E67-8BDB-9799A4F090FB.jpg

46CD5953-5124-4177-9DDA-EC7251F2E4AC.jpg

Bronze on yellow or gold -or- natural whitefish.

How do I get a Brad Lang flipper?

Ice Shanty Gear sells them for Brad they have the intials I.S.G. on the bottom.

But they are Brad Lange decoys.... you can tell by the red dot on the bottom for the vent hole.

Brad always has a table at Perham also.

Or just contact him directly.

BLangeFamily.jpg

I have been running copper decoys lately, and with no snow on the ice and just a little sun they sure do shine. the fish come to stare at them.

Why do you bring things like this up? Now I need to go spend more money on decoys. crazy

funny post I had ordered a red flipper yesterday as I always wanted to try one. Hawkeye I have been having action on my gold Michalski scaled decoy on sunny days it looks like it is glowing down there. Also what kind of wheel house did you have at the get to gator? MJ will go down in history as the largest collector of tongs. LOL

Mwal

MJ I said when if I die I hope my wife does not sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it

I was hoping MJ dies before me so I could buy all his tongs and decoys. wink

The house is a ridgeline, 6.5x8 with a 3' v. 980# with all my stuff inside.