• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Removing unwanted sound from recording

Wish-I-Were-Fishn

Question

6 answers to this question

removing clicks and pops is easy, with right software. Removing or reducing a baby crying might be possible if it is a different frequency or pitch than what you are trying to keep. Basically it would involve running it through an 'equalizer' type multiband filter and playing around with various bands to try to minimize baby without wrecking granddaughter.

If it is a stereo recording, more might be done because the differences between the two channels could allow distinguishing the voices.

There were a bunch of hits just now when I googled "remove baby crying from audio" folks didn't sound real positive but there were some good suggestions.

I have a recording of my granddaughter and there is a crying baby in the background that I would like to remove. Is there a way to do this?

Is it a video or audio recording? Video is going to be harder, because usually you're going to have to go with higher end video editing software (which costs more money) or at a minimum will likely require more steps if you want to use the free stuff (audacity is good) because you'll have to export the audio first (export the audio track as an AIF audio file).

After you have the audio track, import it to audacity and use the 'noise removal' feature in there. You can get the idea if you watch this guy's tutorial (it's about a 5 minute video on how to remove noise out of a video):

theres not an easy way that anyone without knowledge of software like Audacity\Pro Tools can get rid of it. especially if it wasnt recorded using multiple mics or tracks.

That said if you still want to try i would contact a recording studio, or a votec school that has an audio engineering program, or a place like IPR in mpls.