• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

bbfenatic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if they go into a funk now I will have to start a petition. I have to wear a dam avs Jersey at work tomorrow since I lost a bet. I was so mad I told them if they made me wear it I would burn it in front of them.well considering that is being a poor sport I will do it. Better not be any cameras.

After you touch an Avs jersey, no matter how hard you scrub the dirt just wont come off wink

I finally committed myself to playing real (kinda) hockey again. That is to say I hobbled what ever I thought was still useable of my old pads, ordered some new stuff and signed up for JMS. After playing nothing but pond hockey for 10+years, this should be interesting.

Huh...Bergenheim to 4th line? Interesting...must not be performing as they had hoped. Need to find their legs early...been a little sluggish and things not clicking last couple...even win against Carolina was not up to par IMO.

After you touch an Avs jersey, no matter how hard you scrub the dirt just wont come off wink
There is definitely something to this. After I put this dang thing on I instantly had the desire to cross check someone in the back. I am going to have to be really careful that in the waning seconds of the work day I don't pile drive one of our buddy superstars too. These things are powerful for a mean streak.

#FreeSchroeder

I know Yeo wants Brodz there to kill penalties but I'd like to see him sit in favor of Schroeder at this point. Bergy on the 4th is ok, I like him but a lot of our other guys have looked better, including Schroeder.

Need 2 points here, 95 point usually geta you in but we have a brutal schedule and it seems everyone is lining up right behind us so we can't afford to slip here.

Good strong win. Bergenheim played better. I was listening to Paul Allen sitting at the X yesterday and he was describing Yeo's "3 minute heart to heart" with Bergenheim at the morning skate, maybe it helped?

After that second goal last night, Dubs was PO'd. That was really great to see. Even though they were up (5-1 or 6-1? cant remember) Dubs was still all in and hadn't checked out yet. That's the kind of attitude all those guys on the ice need, it ain't over til its over.

We have 81 pts right now with 15 games left. Generally, you need 95 pts to get into the playoffs. So we need to play just under .500 hockey to get in. The downside is that almost all of our games from now on are against either playoff or bubble teams. No more easy games left. 8 home, 7 away, 4 back-to-backs with one stretch of 4 games in 6 days. This is going to be absolutely brutal.

Looking at the Hawks sched, they have ~6 games against cellar teams left. Jets sched isn't quite as easy but still better than ours.

Rumor is Big K in STL. They need to keep Dubs reasonably fresh. I'm guessing Kuemper gets at least 4 games through the rest of the year. Maybe his time off has allowed him to get his head straight. When it is, he's great. The problem is when it isn't.

Backstrom has been wrapped in bubble wrap since we got Dubs. He gets bought out when the season is over and we roll with the D/K tandem next year. This is what everyone is thinking will happen and really, it makes sense.

While I think it's mostly the system. I personally dont buy the fact that out of no where Harding, Dubnyk and at times Kempner all suddenly became 2.0 GAA or better goalies.

I sure hope we dont start Kemps in St louis to me thats big game, a statement game.

Well, it's either in STL or here vs ANA. Pick your poison.

While I do agree that our system does shelter goalies, at the same time Kuemper was giving up goals on the shots he absolutely had to save.

Kemps same build as Dubs...big body...maybe after watching Dubs and them conversing about styles Kemps has learned to be more calm and not "over commit" and find himself out of position like he has a tendency to do...he over-reacts IMO...they would be a great Tandem if Kemps could get it together and be willing to "soak it in" IMO...plus both young guys who could split time...we are so fortunate that Dubs has been such a workhorse up to this point. Talked to John Marks last night (ex-Blackhawk from way back and now coaches in USHL) and he is old school too.... said Esposito played 70 games 2 years in a row...so he says ride him while hes's hot! He brought up a good point...he said they should keep Dubnyk out of practices or keep him to a bare minimum...if he does practice.

I think the whole team had the day off today. Dubs gives a lot of credit to Garth Snow for helping him. Especially with handling the puck. He is definitely get bounces and rolls. How many in the last couple of games have rolled up or bounced up off his shoulder and not gone in?

As for the system, he is facing 30 shots and stopping them. I could see if he was only facing 15-20 per game it being the system. I hope our goalie coach doesn't try to help him.

I think the whole team had the day off today. Dubs gives a lot of credit to Garth Snow for helping him. Especially with handling the puck. He is definitely get bounces and rolls. How many in the last couple of games have rolled up or bounced up off his shoulder and not gone in?

As for the system, he is facing 30 shots and stopping them. I could see if he was only facing 15-20 per game it being the system. I hope our goalie coach doesn't try to help him.

I agree on it not being the system...if it were why did Backs and Kemps not thrive..it's all on Dubnyk IMO...playing out of his mind and hope it keeps up....we are soon to find out with the caliber of opponents to finish out the season.