• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ant's in outside wall?

leech~~

I have some little ant's in an outside wall which where coming out by a window edge. I heard the pro's use some stuff called Termidor SC "non-Repellant" spray to shoot the outside foundation where they find them coming in. I have not found where they maybe coming in yet? But this stuff is suppose to go in with the ant's and kill off the nest, so it does not kill on contact which is what you want when in a wall. I can only find it on-line for around $45-79 bucks a jug. Does anyone know of a brand spray that does the same thing at a local store? Fleet, Home Depot....? Again don't want the stuff that kills them on contact need to stuff they take in and kill all their poor little family off! laugh

I use D-Fence SC, its is about $30 a pint but will last a long time. Pint makes about 15 gallons of spray. I use it on my foundation in the spring and summer and spray entire house in the fall for box elder bugs and asian beetles. It works very well and is safe around kids and pets once dry. Label even suggests using it indoors but I haven't needed to do that. I don't know if you can buy it in stores or not but it is easily available on the net.

Ya, I really need to more proactive on the prevention side next year. Now I just have to kill off the ones inside. Hope I don't have to call in the Pro's, not sure what that will end up costing? frown

I had some of those little brown or tan ants at our cabin. I think I just used a spray bottle of "home defense spray" and it did the job. When we replaced the window the next year I could see where they had been and it wasn't very big area.

I use a product I got from the guy that sprays our house and shop every spring. It is called CB-80 from FMC Corp. Maybe you can find it online. We had Carpenter Ants in an outside wall. Killed them dead, right now. It has a tube to bet into tiny places too. They haven't been back.

Rockin Randy

We have a lot of ants in our area. Lots of sand...

I've just put down the granules you can buy at Fleet Farm and it's worked fine. I sprinkled around the exterior of the entire foundation of the house and the little brown ants disappeared. I've had some carpenter ant ground nests and little black flying nests in the yard that I've killed off with just a few sprinkles.

A few years ago we re-sided the house and found a carpenter ant colony in the wall. I killed them off and haven't had an issue since. Just treat the perimeter each year and they stay away.

Good luck.