• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

legal question about spearing licence

Jaymo99

So here is a question my wife asked last night that made me say Hmmm?

We live on a lake and have my spear house in front of our house. My 13yo son likes to go out and spear. I have a spearing licence and he doesn't need one yet.

My wife however does not she is on vacation this week, can she walk out and sit with with our son while he spears (only one spear,two lines in water) or would she by law need to have a spearing licence.

the regs don't really address this.

I called the DNR last year and asked this same question. I wanted to bring my brother out with me to show him what it is like. He is from out of state and doesn't even have a fishing license. They said it was fine to bring him with as long as there weren't too many lines, and he wasn't "catching" any of the fish.

Just make sure she does not touch the spear when in the house...and for sure don't have her help him carry one out the front door on the end of the spear...

It has been my experience for CO s to be pretty helpful in making sure the younger generation can get outside and enjoy all outdoors sports!!!

I wouldn't expect any problems.