• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

20 Hr Service on new ATV

BlackMaxx

What kind of ATV is it. Depending on the model, you need to adjust the valves, change the oil and filter, clean the air filter, change differential oils if equipped, check tire pressure, tire toe in and out for tracking, adjust the brakes, hondas have manual adjusters for hydralic fron brake on most models. check cv boots for tears, retourgue lug nuts and so on and so on.

------------------
ride safe, wear a helmut, stupid hurts

If you get'em serviced, wash'em first.

I own a 2003 Grizzly, I took it to R.J. sport and cycle they claim to have adj valves changed oil and check all specs. they lied they charged me for 4 qts of oil it only holds 2.3 they said they changed the spark plug , but didn't provide the old one to use as a spare, no wrench marks anywhere on the bike. The throttle cable was and is out of adj. when you turn all the way to the right it accelerates because of cable stretch they never even check. VERY disappointed in dealer love the bike. I did get refunded for the oil and also handed a new plug but wasn't able to see the condition of the orginal to diagnose the present tune up (rich lean etc.)Cost I believe was 117.00 for basically nothing other than warranty protection.

Fishbitten, Did you contact your dealer to get the overheat update done. Your due for new crank breather hose exhaust shield, fuel pipe cover, tank shield, and side panels. The side panels are the new 04 vented style. If your trottle cable is tighting up when you turn to one side, it is most likely been routed wrong on assembly. One other note, The only thing you would see if they were into it to adjust valves is your plastic rivets on the front cover would be marred up if they did not come loose easily. other than that most of the bolts that are taken out on a griz tune are under the plastic and seat.

------------------
ride safe, wear a helmut, stupid hurts

If you get'em serviced, wash'em first.

Sledhead I contacted YAMAHA after my dealer who took my name for when the kits come in, and Yamaha said they are sending the heat kits out evenly to the dealers through out the states so everyone get some so it will take a little longer in some places

Thanks for the reply! Yes I did call and as previously stated I'm on the waiting list. I heard about the over heat thing on highlifter .com and have run mine with the left side cover removed, but have not had any trouble. I did how ever route the fan power to a constant live power so it will run with the ignition off as needed.