• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Official Minnesota Vikings 2013 Thread!!

Shack

Audi is good on the run. Has anyone seen him in pass coverage? When the wheels fall off and guys are drinking all night, doing drugs and beating up women it all falls on Frazier.

Frazier should go the day after the last game. Then trade AP in the offseason for about 2- 1st round picks, 2 2nd rounders and spend money on good players with good attitudes. Williams and Allen have been great players, but don't re-sign them either. this team could use 2 top rate guards on the o-line and the center gets beat all the time

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been impressed by Rhodes the last several weeks. He is making some mistakes, but it seems that when a receiver does catch a ball over him its about the ONLY place the ball could be thrown to get a completion. He is doing really well IMO.

I like that Audi is getting a chance. Sit Henderson for the rest of the year. I dont think Audi will be a world beater, but the kid does seem to find the ball. Should have had a pick six!

What was up with the recievers on that goal line play where it was intercepted? I cannot tell me that Ellison was the #1 option there. Should have had Patterson or someone else on that side for crying out loud.

So, as we sit now with this win we are drafting sixth. I dont see another win on the schedule so hopefully Houston, Atlanta, etc pick up a few in the end here so we move up the board a little.

Here's what I don't understand. How in the world do the Vikings cut Cole one week, then bring him back to start at MLB for Henderson. Obviously he is proving that he is a better than average MLB so why did they cut him? What is the mindset of the coaching staff to make such a move? Hmmmm.............lets cut the guy who is better than our starting MLB, and an silly-me. Just another shining example that Frasier don't know JACK!

Then trade AP in the offseason for about 2- 1st round picks, 2 2nd rounders

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yeah.... all the GMs will be lined up to destroy their teams respective futures with that scenario ie: (think Vikes with Hershel walker) to get a RB that is on the back side of his career.... he is over the hump. I get he is not 'used up', but maybe 4-5 years of real productivity left. No GM (well maybe Spielman) would do such a trade. At best you can get a 1st and maybe a mid level... Kind of Percy Harvinish in a trade return. A team that is in need of running game to take them to the promised land may give you that. Maybe.

Good Luck!

Ken

Here's what I don't understand. How in the world do the Vikings cut Cole one week, then bring him back to start at MLB for Henderson. Obviously he is proving that he is a better than average MLB so why did they cut him? What is the mindset of the coaching staff to make such a move? Hmmmm.............lets cut the guy who is better than our starting MLB, and an silly-me. Just another shining example that Frasier don't know JACK!

Exactly! It really makes you wonder how many other scenarios like this are on this team right now.

Why isn't Hodges getting ANY snaps on a 3-8-1 team?

You trying to tell me we don't have a better guard option then Johnson??

Does Ponder REALLY gives this team "the best chance to win"?!

This list could go on and on and on...

Well if Trent Richardson is worth a 1st round pick AP has to be worth 5 of them. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Worth (price) and value are two different animals....

hahahahahahahahaha

Show me one GM that'd do a 4 draft (2- 1sts and 2 seconds)... well spielman again may do it and he still has him. There is not one tema that will give up in essence 4 starters for a guy that will not be producing in half a decade. You may have gotten 2 1sts to the Colts if you traded him early on before the Richardson trade. No way now.

Good Luck!

Ken

and it'd be interesting to see if a true passing team like the Colts ever traded for him, if he'd be the same guy the Viking fans watch now... my guess he would be relevent in the offense, but maybe half the production at best. Just becuase he would go from 35 touches a game down to 20ish. At least that'd be my guess. Can't imagine they'd take away 15 more pass attempts form Luck.

As I said, not too sure who needs a RB to make to the promised land and can't begin to believe there is a team out there willing to go 2 years without a 1st or 2nd. I'd say you may get a trade like that for Rogers or Brees... but not a RB

Good Luck!

Ken

It was a joke Labs, the Packers game play make you lose your sense of humor lately? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

The coaching staff for the Vikes are morons plain and simple. Look how long it takes them to get the players on the field that have more talent then the guys they stick behind that are schlubs.

Of course the jury is still out on Cole...he's only played two games. You sure can tell the difference between a player with insticts and one who has none though.

Cole "looks" the part much more than Henderson ever has...

I actually believe Mauti is the best MLB we have on our team.

Of course the jury is still out on Cole...he's only played two games. You sure can tell the difference between a player with insticts and one who has none though.

Cole "looks" the part much more than Henderson ever has...

I actually believe Mauti is the best MLB we have on our team.

So if the jury is still out on Cole, how can you say Mauti is the best?

It's my opinion that he's the best....that's all. Mauti would have been a 2nd round draft pick had he not hurt his knee again in his senior year.

He's a true, instinctive, smash your face in MLB that just can't seem to stay healthy. He was going to get the start last weekend but was again, knicked up a little. That's why Cole got his shot.

I like both Cole and Mauti...it's too bad we've all had to watch Henderson suck it up all year long.

If I remember correctly, Cole was drafted and Henderson was not. Hendersons' strong suit has been pass coverage, not tackling. Cole punishing tackler, needs to develop coverage skills although he should blitz the ball on every play. What did the Vikes get for Harvin? I think the MVP would demand much more in trade value. Spielman along with Studwell in the draft room are not the problems with this team. Both on field and off field problems are all on Mr. Frazier. Too bad for him- he is a good guy just like Dungy. Dungy won it all because of a top QB, with the rest of those players being very solid.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cole as the Sam backer. His blitzing has looked good and his pursuit isn't bad either. I like what I see but I see him playing a better Sam than Mike. I don't think he has the skills and knowledge to read an NFL offense, I could be wrong, there isn't much of a viewing window to judge him that well. Our D is still pretty friggin soft though as he's been out there....

He would more than likely be an upgrade over Greenway too. Not a fan of ANY of our starting LB's the past 3 years.

Plug in Audie...which they have. Give Hodges a shot too...he's the best athlete and cover LB on the squad. I can safely say that because those were his strong points coming out of college...none of our current LB'ers can cover to save their a$$.

I want to see Hodges and Mauti too. Greenway I think is effective, but he gets exposed a lot. I think Cole will probably get lit up when trying to execute pass coverage, maybe not. The one thing you cannot deny is the guy has a nose for the ball. Should have had a pick six last week, had two in one game (granted preseason) last year, he makes plays.

Thats more big plays in two weeks then Hendersons career.

I have to wonder though, did Henderson go on his drinking binge because he was demoted (as in told by Frazier they were going to play Cole) OR ???

Sweet material GURU, that's surely something I wish I could come up with. This D is the real joke. We need a huge overhaul. There's 4-5 decent guys, everybody else stinks or stinks 80% of the time. It's either the talent pool is that shallow or the coaching is terrible, could be both...

Priceless. After today I hope I never have to see Ponder in Vikings uniform ever again.

Refs really have it in for MN. Some really bad calls out there today. Glad to see we pulled it out in the end though. Dont want to lose that draft position, especially with the help we are getting. Should hopefully be able to lose out.