• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

That auction site...make an offer??

I find something on that auction site I'm interested in. The listing has "Buy It Now" and "Make An Offer" options so I make an offer.

The seller declines my offer saying, "Sorry, I need to get full price for this.".

So, if you need (or want) to get full price for the item I can understand that, but then why in the he!! would one have the "Make An Offer" option if all you're willing to accept is full price, which presumably is the BIN price?

I haven't been burned yet, I save lots of money there and have meet some very nice people. If it weren't for said site I would have never learned about tackle industries.

I see your concern about "offer" but sometimes they give sellers discounts with certain listings.

Possibly he got close to a full offer right away in the auction, now knows he can wait and see what happens.

If there is no bidding and someone comes in with an offer close to the end of the auction more chances they will take it.

It's not an auction, per se. There is no bidding option, only BIN or Make An Offer. It is close to the end of the listing and my offer was not very far at all from the asking price.

Regardless of the exact offer I made, it's his to try to sell at whatever price he wants. I get that.

I'm more trying to figure out the logic, if any, behind having the Make An Offer option if you're only going to sell at the BIN price.

Perhaps it's a way to try to skirt some selling fees or some other rules?

setterguy most likly has it right,I do lots of contact the sellers when its make a offer.mANY TIMES mY OFFER WAS REFUSED CAUSE i WASNT THE HIGEST OFFER OOPS caps

Yeah, I understand that when you make an offer it may not be accepted. The seller replied very specifically and very clearly that only full price would be accepted, so he's not really taking offers as the Make An Offer option implies.

There are two options for selling, fixed price (with a checkbox for make an offer like putting obo in a online ad) or auction.

Just so I'm clear, the seller can choose to display, or not, the make an offer option on the fixed price listing?

The listing has "Buy It Now" and "Make An Offer" options

I do this exact thing for an e8ay store I run for a client, however in my listing details I specify "Offers entertained only for requests of multiple quantities."

FYI...Just wanted to throw that out there.