• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fletching ?

sportfish

I bought some Bohning Fletch tite glue and I can't get it to stick !! I have tried 2 different raps and 2 different vanes and still nothing !! I have cleaned the shafts , i left them sit in the jig for a few min. What is wrong ????

Are they falling off right away, or after they are cured and you start shooting them? And is the glue, vanes, and wraps new? I used the bohning fletch tite glue and had problems with blazers that were a couple years old sitting in my kit. They fell off over the next couple weeks while shooting. I bought new blazers on the recommendation of an archery shop owner and they held up fine.

If that's not it then I don't know, maybe oils from your fingers on the wraps? Maybe someone with a little more know-how can chime in...

I left them sit in the jig for a few min. What is wrong ????

That could be your problem right there. No matter what it says on the label, a few minutes is never enough. Try leaving the jig on for 15 min or more and I doubt you'll have a problem.

I use fletch tite platinum and have also used the goat tuff. Both worked great for me. Preference is in the applicator style. Fletch tite platinum is a little easier to control for me, so I lean that way.

Make sure you are getting all residue off the arrows first.

I normally do a fletching debonder to remove the bulk of the old glue, then do a acetone wipe, being cautious not to let it sit too long and break down the glue used in bonding the carbon arrow fibers. Then I rinse with water and dry with a lint free cloth.

Normally they come out squeaky clean.

I have used the Fletch tite but didn't have the patience. Now all I use is loc-tite super glue gel. The gel is easy to control when applying to the vane. I use a bitzenburger jig and it would take me all day to fletch a half dozen arrows with the fletch tite.

I gave up on the Bohning products a long time ago. Too many times the vanes would pop off in cold weather.

Goat Tuff and Gorilla Super Glue have both worked perfectly for me.

I shoot aluminum arrows too, not carbons.

Quikfletch is the easy way to do it. I have been doing this for a few years now. simple and it works. go to yahoo it and check it out . they have a video also to show you how to do it. takes only seconds and it works great . the only way to go ( my opinion )

Quikfletch is the easy way to do it. I have been doing this for a few years now. simple and it works. go to yahoo it and check it out . they have a video also to show you how to do it. takes only seconds and it works great . the only way to go ( my opinion )
I tried some Quikfletch years ago , they flew good but alittle heavy

The hurry? I don't have an hour to fletch each arrow. With super glue I can fletch each arrow in 5 mins.

I've put arrows together and shot them 10-15mins later. I love having my bitzenburger jig and being able to fix my own arrows. I've never tried the long set glues, but with the discussion here, I have no desire to.

I use plain old generic super glue with cyanoacrylate. I've used it on 3 different types of vanes for my arrows and I've never had a problem with the vanes coming off or adhering. Removal is very easy too.

Powerstroke has it right. I think the fletch glue they sell is overrated if you use carbon arrows and plastic vanes. The biggest issue I have had with glue as it gets old and if it gets cold like stored in the garage in winter it really has issues. Now I just buy the little tubes of superglue, loc-tight superglue, gorilla glue brand of superglue or the gel versions of any of those and don't have a problem. I burn through the little cheap tubes and always have fresh glue in the next tube.