• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

why is it.............

smurfy

so quiet here in the spearing forum??? spearing closes and the cat gotz your tongue???????? mrklean is off startin trouble in other threads, gordies learnin how to cook???????????? and BNS must be out lookin for a brownie mix with nuts. me i be just a quiet, shy kinda guy!!! smilewhistlewhistle

I just wish I had time to post and better yet, just time to fish on the ice we have. Next weekend would be the next time I could go fishing. If the weather ever get nice, I will be in the field 24/7 ad that will not be enough time in a day.

Did get the house cleaned up and bearings packed, ready to do some inprovements before next spear seasons.

I kind of switched gears a little bit. Actually got out on the water and did a weekend of lake trout fishing. Made an honest go at LOW pike. For my two only fishing trips of the year.

I completed some diamond willow projects so I could be ready for the horseshoe season. And lately I have been working on hand carved Muskie baits, as well as a decoy or two wink

In all, it's just been busy.

I kind of switched gears a little bit. Actually got out on the water and did a weekend of lake trout fishing. Made an honest go at LOW pike. For my two only fishing trips of the year.

I completed some diamond willow projects so I could be ready for the horseshoe season. And lately I have been working on hand carved Muskie baits, as well as a decoy or two wink

Would like to see some pics of those hand carved Muskie baits

horseshoe season??????? did I hear horseshoes. I pitched a few of them!!!!!!!1 use to do tournaments also state tourneys!!!

DSCN1408.jpg

Yep, Horseshoe season. I play here at home with the fam, the legion down the road has a monday night weekly 150% pay-back, and I try to catch a few local tourneys. None of it is "50 shoe" or hadycap'ed, just informal stuff.

I make diamond willow pickup hooks. People who see them tend to fall in love with them. They are fairly time consuming, so I make a dozen or so at the start of the season, then if they sell I make more. These are just some samples.

Would like to see some pics of those hand carved Muskie baits

DSCN1403.jpg

Anyone can guess what these were modeled after wink I still need to put the tail fins on them, but until I have someplace to test them I am at a stand still. They are weighted to just bearly break the surface, and have imbeded glass rattle chambers in them. I also used a hard epoxy coat that gives the glitter some depth. Half dozen of each as a project to give away to some co-workers and family.

DSCN1406.jpg

This was my first attempt at a glide/twich bait... Its too boyant I cant get it to suspend or sink right... I have not given up on the shape, but it will need some revisions. Its the same "perch" body shape that I make decoys out of, so it would have been too easy for it to work as a lure right?

DSCN1407.jpg

These have more potential as a twitchers/gliders. they were only base coated when I took the picture, they should be finished on Sat. They are weighted to sink at .5'-1.5' per second, and are ballanced to do so perfectly horizontal with 2/0 trebles. Duel glass rattle chambers, one large single knocker, and a smaller multi bead. I'm excited to see how these ones swim. But again, until we get a thaw I can only see what they do in the ballance tank.