• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sciatic nerve issues

mrklean

Over the past couple months i have been having what i believe is sciatic nerve issues, little numbness in my left leg, low low back pain etc. Was wondering if anyone else has had sciatic nerve problems and what they have done to help them. I work out 3 days a week have done more hamstring and ab work, i use to deadlift a lot and cant do more then 100 pounds without aggravating it, no other lifts seems to bother it.

Over the past couple months i have been having what i believe is sciatic nerve issues, little numbness in my left leg, low low back pain etc. Was wondering if anyone else has had sciatic nerve problems and what they have done to help them. I work out 3 days a week have done more hamstring and ab work, i use to deadlift a lot and cant do more then 100 pounds without aggravating it, no other lifts seems to bother it.

Buddy of mine had this. Got some physical therapy to show how to do the stretches and stuff to make it better, as well as cut back on the exercise that was causing it.

Might be worth a visit to a doctor, especially if it doesn't get better with rest and stretching.

thanks ill look into that, its odd deadlifting is the only thing that really bothers it and its anything 135 pounds or more, i straight leg with 95 to really work my hamstrings and if i bump it up and try to deadlift it kills.

Had problems with my back and legs,went to the dr.tried therapy did not help,so i asked what else we could do got cortisone shots in my lower tail bone what a difference i could start walking again,unable to do any thing prior to that,consult your dr.

Sciatic nerve is largest in your body. When it gets "pinched" where it exits the spine you are going to be in pain. Talk to a MD and explain. He should recognize it right away. NOT a chiropracter. An injection of a synthetic corticosteroid will knock it down. But you are probably going to have to be a little more judicious in the way you lift things and the amounts you lift.

I am no doctor, but have been through this drill many times. Quit farting around and get an appointment with your doctor.

Ufatz is dead on ignoring that nerve can result in permanent problems such as foot flop

I had a l4-l5 diskectomy and a hemi laminectomy a year ago, it took months for me to get back to Pre surgery.

MRI for sure and see a few different neros.

Good luck wish you well