• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
gonehunting

Clam Ice Armor Extreme Gloves

I am looking for some honest opinions from true ice anglers on the Clam Ice Armor Extreme gloves. I have read alot of reviews but want to make sure they are all they are cracked up to be. My buddy loves his but says the waterproofing last about a year and has to buy new ones. I'm not looking to spend $45 a year on ice fishing gloves. I have heard alot better reviews on the mittens but want gloves. I tried a pair on in the store and loved the fit. Just want to make sure they are waterproof. I'm not submerging my hands in water but willing be handling a wet transducer, fish, drilling holes, snowmobiling etc.

I use all the gloves from Clam Ice Armor and love them. I really like the mittens and have good success with them. They have the best gloves on the market from what I see out there.

i like them but the extra part that goes up the sleeve is too small to fit my heavyweight striker suit. also the big c has them for sale for 29.99!

I got a pair of these gloves as a birthday gift this year. I was thoroughly impressed by how warm they are. I usually fish without gloves but while fishing with tip-ups my hands freeze. I slip my hands in these gloves and they warm up very quickly. The waterproofing is very good as well. I would recommend them to anyone.

I have three pairs of the gloves and love them. They are warm and comfortable. They seem to be water proof but i don't stick my gloves in the water either. They are a great glove for ice fishing.

I love mine as well. But.... they do fall apart. The fabric that they use on them gets all fuzzy and then starts to break apart. I've had mine for about 4 years and had to sew them up and gorilla glue them where the thumb meets your pointer finger, you know, the area where you wipe your nose.

GM has them for $33.73 with free shipping.

Very warm gloves! Buy one size larger then you usually wear as they seem to run small to me.

Great fishing and hunting gloves.

Not made to use as a work glove! Will wear out fairly fast if used that way!

Cliff

Here are some pics of my gloves and their issues. They are only used for ice fishing and probably get less that 20 days of use a year.

full-16799-29114-img_0925.jpg

full-16799-29115-img_0926.jpg

full-16799-29116-img_0927.jpg

Truthfully the best glove your going to find. I have several pair, some as old as about 5 years. I only use mine for ice fishing. I would say they would not be a good work glove for like a construction guy, but maybe good gloves for snowboarding, snowmobiling, etc, etc.... Love mine, and yes they are on sale at most places right now!

Truthfully the best glove your going to find. I have several pair, some as old as about 5 years. I only use mine for ice fishing. I would say they would not be a good work glove for like a construction guy, but maybe good gloves for snowboarding, snowmobiling, etc, etc.... Love mine, and yes they are on sale at most places right now!

+1. Get them for the rest of the ice fishing season, and for the spring and fall fishing when it cool as well. Love them when we troll walleyes in the evenings.

You cant't beat them for the price. $45 doesnt buy much for gloves these days.

I have the gloves and mittens. Love them! Season 2 using them, no rips or tears. Money well spent!

I also have had two pairs that the stiching has came undone in spots. Just had to sew them closed. I have gotten about four years out of mine as well.

I just picked a pair of the Extreme Gloves up today, all I can say is that they are very warm. I have used the older Ice Armor Arctic Gloves for 4 years and I can already tell that these are going to be much warmer and more waterproof.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Next up was cutting all the 2”x1” tubing. My brother picked up this little bandsaw off hsolist that worked pretty well. Using sketch up was great, everything could be laid out and you knew exactly what length to cut everything.    Once everything was cut we started welding it up. Built each wall on saw horses and once we got to the last wall we finally had a system down, go figure.    once we got all the walls made we leveled out the frame. Had to add a bunch of weight to the back to try and get it flat. This is where I wish we had a flat driveway. After we got everything good and level we started welding the walls to the frame and to each other.    The next day was the roof. From looking at other builds I thought people were just running one piece of tubing across and just attaching to the two sides but as we found out that does not work. We tried that and the top of each side wall had way to much of a wavy look. Closer look at other builds looks like people made the roof the same as the walls on some saw horses so everything was square and then set it in between all the outer walls. We ended up doing something similar but we turned the inside roof length piece on its side so it was more of a strong back which minimized any waviness of the tubing. 
    • We were "missing" a few pieces of chicken between the time we took them out of the smoker and put them on the grill with the BBQ sauce. They vanished, I swear!
    • Figured I would post me and my brothers build on here since this is where I got most of the information from. Thanks to lipripper for posting his builds and answering questions. I pretty much based the house off of his with a couple of my own tweaks. Im not sure how pictures are posted on this it’s looking like they will all be at the end of my post so maybe I’ll start with one post then keep adding to it so the pictures stay in some order ( I was bad at taking pictures so I probably missed some stuff) So here we go...   The frame is a Berkon 21’ with a 4’ V galvanized. We called berkon and the guy said they had one frame left and it was $700 cheaper than normal price since they were changing something for ice castle so we put money down to hold it then he called and said ice castle needed it but they were going to make us a new one (this was the start of our struggles). Which actually worked out nice since we could move some bracing around and move the hydraulic pump to a different spot. We had them move the back center brace so we could have 3 holes between our couches similar to papabear. We  thought about doing aluminum but the guy at berkon said the weight savings would only be about 700 lbs and I personally don’t like how aluminum seems to get brittle in the cold.  Prior to getting the frame I tried to order as much stuff as I could think of like others have said to do but since this was our first fish house I wasn’t 100% sure on everything. I used google sketch to layout the studs and the windows. Hoping everything would work out as planned. 
    • Spring only for me, when Orioles first return. Mine never get hit much. 
    • Not sure if somebody put a lot of time in to make this or if it was something Arctic Cat made. I could see someone pulling this around Hay Days.Thought it was just to cool to pass up. 
    • Whatever trades they might make won’t be to make a run. It’s going to be to rebuild. I guess there’s still some interest in Dozier from a couple teams, but otherwise, we don’t have much trade value in anyone. I’m just still hoping we finish .500.
    • The popular speculation is that the lakers are taking this season “off”, and waiting until next year to sign a big name or 2, one of which could be Butler. Personally, I don’t think there’s any chance Butler re signs with the wolves (he already turned down the first offer), as long as Wiggins remains on the team! And at this point, Wiggins is untradable. 
    • do agree, like your thoughts...
    • Yeah, none of the recipes say to pre-cook the potatoes but I think I might do it next time or else just open the packets and throw the shrimp in at the end. I was surprised though that the shrimp was good and didn't seem too over cooked. I think the key is to make sure to use raw shrimp not pre-cooked.
    • A lot of talk about a lot of nothing...until it is actually something! 🤔😏  As long as Thibs is here I believe that Jimmy has  chance to stay.  If Jimmy were to leave I would be surprised if he stayed in the west but if he did matching him up with LAbron would be a tough duo to build around.