• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

north dakota non-res liscence

I was told by someone that the new non-resident northdakota duck-hunting liscence fee is gonna be 180.00 this year, has anyone else heard this or should I just slap the person that told me? (just dont sound right from 95$ to 180$. I think someone is gonna get slapped)

I think you were told the wrong price. From what I've read, the price to hunt waterfowl will be around $85. The kicker is that you won't be able to hunt any other type of small game with that license. To hunt pheasants of anything else you will have to buy a small game license for another $85 or so. Looks like I'll just be aiming at ducks and geese this year. I also read about a possible change in the waterfowl zones. Does anyone have any info on this? I know for a fact that they did away with the 7-day all state license. Thanks..

I got this off the North Dakota DNR web page:

quote:

Under the new licensing structure, a nonresident small game or waterfowl license will each cost $85. Previously, the small game license cost $75, and the waterfowl license was an additional $10. With the new law, the small game license will not be required for those who only wish to hunt waterfowl. Out-of-state hunters who hunt both upland game and waterfowl can purchase each license separately.

A small game license entitles a nonresident to hunt upland game for any period of 10 consecutive days, or any two periods of five consecutive days. A nonresident may purchase more than one small game license per year. The 2003 small game and waterfowl licenses will go on sale Aug. 1, when the new law takes effect. Also implemented Aug. 1 will be a $5 increase for the habitat stamp. Every resident and nonresident hunter will have to pay $10 for the habitat restoration stamp, in addition to the $3 general game license fee. Money generated by habitat restoration stamp fees will be placed in the game and fish private land habitat and access improvement fund, with $5 from each stamp allocated to the PLOTS program.

If your just going to waterfowl hunt I think the price actually dropped a little. It looks like their going to nail you if you hunt both.

[This message has been edited by metrojoe (edited 05-07-2003).]

The bills regarding changes to waterfowl zones and non-resident quotas were all killed and nothing was passed. The Gov. still has the ability to set a non-resident waterfowl quota as they did last year. The Game and Fish department is floating around a proposal to change the 3 zones, making 2 zones near the central part of the central part of the state possibly extending to the SD border. The remainder of the state would be zone 3. The catch is your license would be good for 7 days in either zone 1 or 2 and the second 7 day period would HAVE to be taken in zone 3. This is only up for discussion at this point from what I have heard and is not in any pending legislation.

We should make our non-resident fishing license 85.00 then and only good for two 5 day sessions for the ND and SD people!

[This message has been edited by Rainman (edited 05-08-2003).]

Rainman...call your legislator, that's the only way to get things like that rolling. I have. I doubt in this state, where everyone needs to be equal, it would pass.... but... you never know. I really don't see any problem with it. People have said that will hurt tourism with the folks from WI, but they are in the process of trying to raise their deer license to $165.00. Why are we the last state to play stick it to the non-resident? The DNR could certainly use the cash. I also feel we need to do away with the non-resident family license. $47.00 for a family to come here and fish? That's rediculous! All individual, (2) 5 day or (2) 7 day periods, and you can buy multiple licenses per year, for those that own a cabin here. Where my cabin is on Cass, there are plenty of No Dak license plates running around....maybe a little taste of their own medicine is needed. I know some MN hunters that had bought land in No Dak and now they are feeling the hit on licenses and lotteries. I wouldn't feel too bad about the non-resident owners of cabins.

What that govenor in dakota is doing is just pure bull. I would encourage all sportsman and women to stand up to this.

Think of your fedral duck stamp money and if you are a member of Ducks Unlimited or Delta Waterfowl such as me. We put are money up for habitat improvements and we can even hunt openers and such.

My uncle was president of Ducks Unlimited and my other uncle was treasurer. If they new what this jerk was doing they would be outraged.

maybe we should limit the number of Dakota fishinh license sales! Kepp them of our lakes on the opener! They own alot of lakeshore in MN. I know not all Dakota people are for this but are state should not stand for this and neither should any other state..

Just my opion.. thanks for reading..