• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My Lazer Won't Cut

maxpower117

I'm sure others have had this problem as well so I'm hoping for a quick fix you may have done.

I have a Lazer drill attached to my Mag III and have had this for 5 or 6 years. I just started noticing that last year it wasn't cutting near as fast as it used to. Now after I replaced the bades, it isn't any better, and mabe worse.

Are there any proven ways to fix this? I'm assuming that the blade angle has been ruined.

Thanks!

I'm sure others have had this problem as well so I'm hoping for a quick fix you may have done.

I have a Lazer drill attached to my Mag III and have had this for 5 or 6 years. I just started noticing that last year it wasn't cutting near as fast as it used to. Now after I replaced the bades, it isn't any better, and mabe worse.

Are there any proven ways to fix this? I'm assuming that the blade angle has been ruined.

Thanks!

I think you answered your own question.......your blade angle has changed if it cuts no better with new blades. Youll have to take it in and have it adjusted. A place to call would be D Rock

Strikemaster will change the pitch on your cutting system for free. Or at least they use to.
They use to when they were in Big Lake but good luck having it done for free now that they are Rapala! Bigger doesn't always mean better service! frown

yes strikemaster is no longer in Big Lake. It may be over simple but you didn't happen to put the new blades on upside down did you. people have done this before and if you do they will not cut. I would say thou that if the new blades are on right and it is not cutting then the pitch is off.

Definetly not up side down. I adjusted the pitch and it worked great. Although now the blade is broken. I'm going to bring it to d-rock to have them fix it. They said they can do it for $12.

I have a chipper drill and it is nowhere close to the speed of the laser. Which is why I bought it. Plus the laser drill is only $95. No brainier for me.

How much time and money after you go back and forth to DRock a few times. You're right thoug, blades are faster than chippers by a small amount.

I won't go a few times, only once. It's no exact science once they've been bent. Just need it to be better than it was. Then I may even opt for another laser drill.

The difference between the original chipper and the laser on the same motor was night and day. Not sure where you guys get the idea that the chipper is just as good. I won't go back to the chipper unless I have to reopen holes. The blades I just took off are still sharp after 4+ years of service. Sharp compared to the new ones.

The only mistake I made was not matching the contour of the blade itself when I went ahead and bent the drill. The added stress of the mismatch caused it to break. I may add a layer or two of duct tape between the blade and the drill to further relieve the stress.