• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TRAIL REPORTS

leech~~

Not going to be up north Easter weekend, so I put two of the three sleds in the trailer on Sunday, and likely the last one took it's last drive then too. But it was great once again, and we burned a lot of gas, with the kids driving around us on the lake as we fished wink Great end to a pretty darn good year for us!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leech,

actually I'm planning on scooping up an older AC Jag 440 from father-n-law for my two younger boys, they're almost to big for a sleigh.

MR

They will have a great time taking some rides out in the woods. When my kids were younger and the in-laws lived on Pelican lake. We use to sled back in the Flanders lake area and would stop for hot cocoa and cookies in the woods along the lake and look for Deer. It was a good time that was over to soon! frown

Have fun with them. smile

Icecold,

the answer is yes, trails are holding up so far, but this sun today (Tuesday) will definitely put the hurt on them. I would grade the trails 8 out 10 if you stay in the woods. We took one trail home last night that went along 371 and there was water in the base of the ditch but still good trial to ride. We managed another 60 miles and the base is holding up. I would put an urgency on your plans to ride if you can, that sun sure is intense and even at 10:30pm it was very comfy riding around with my jacket unzipped. laugh

Have a job interview this afternoon, after that I might get out for another ride in my short sleeve shirt....LOL shockedcool

MR

We rode the brainerd /crosby/millacs area yesterday 150 miles of very nice trails, ecspecially in the crosby area and harding area ,we had a blast 35 degrees and sun, what a way to end the season, Thanks to everyone that gave reports and info.

Was that around 4.30 or 5, we were just coming up 371 from the fort and then heading to the st. mathis??? trail, back to our truck Our group of 3 were on Yamahas and we stopped and talked to a group on ski-doos Great day, still lookin at the pictures grin

Nope that wasn't you I saw, there was a fare amount of sleds out giving it one last run. I think I did hear you go by as you turn south off of 371 and go south to St. Mathias my house is just behind the trail to the east. Glad you made it out, i'm hoping to log off now and go put some miles on this morning while its cool out.

MR

Just got back from a very short ride, the trails are nice and frozen but when you can smell your Hyfax it's time to find some deeper snow and turn around and head home. Did manage to find some off-shoots to explore but the trails are hard packed and loosing ground/base. Later in the day might be better when the snow softens for the hyfax but still taking a toll on them, 20 miles round trip just might be the end of it for me.

MR

Heading to cabin after a couple weeks of not being there, and still have one sled pointed out wink I have a little trail I might be able to go down for a last ride, but it would be a very short ride unless you can still ride on lakes...?...

Yep, it's over by me... I almost could have got it out for one last put-put, but would have ended up with gravel and sand all over, so decided not to. It was a good year though, especially near the end of it!!! smile

Well, well, looks like we get to start up the old "trail report" one more time grin Just put on 5 short miles, found some flooded trails and ditches, that sure was fun to water skip crazy.

If we get the forecasted 6-12" here in north central MN on Sunday/Monday we could actually have some really nice riding again.... cool

Meat Run