• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snowmobile trailer issue

LoonASea

I have a 1999 Karavan ultra trailer with a torsion axle and one tire has developed a slow leak,,, being new to snowmobiling ,,I purchased this trailer 2 years ago and I should have looked at the wheels and tires ,,,but didnt ,,,well I tried to take the lug nuts off but the stud appears to be spinning as I can turn the T wrench but the lug nuts seem tight to the wheel

any advice??

Thanks in advance

LAS

If the tire is bad and needs replacing and all else fails, you can always pull the hub nut and bearings out to get it off. I had the same thing happen on an old trailer I had and I just pulled the hub nut and bearings out and had a buddy tack the loose lugs on the back of the hub and then I could get the tire off for replacement. Lots of ways to do it if you don't want to torch out the old ones if the threads are still ok. Hope we get some good snow up that way and take another ride this winter! wink

Hubs pulled off and replaced ,,,,New wheels and tires are put on ,,,all thats left to do is find new wheels,, take the old tires off the old wheels and put on the new wheels and I have spare tires should any thing happen in -20 with a 30 mph wind in the middle of nowhere

Thanks for the responses

LAS