• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dead camera

mrklean

Went to check the camera friday was dead figured maybe the battries died nope my truth cam 46 is dead looked online looks like im not the only one whoes 9 month old camera just dies. It looks like they are good about replacing them but still not what i want during the middle of the season

I almost bought a wildgame for a second camera this year until I read the horrible reviews I should have read the reviews about my first camera and how bad they were but I got a newer better camera in the end so it was worth it smile

I have had several problem with cameras as well. I have several Wildgame 5.0 cameras and few cuddyback 3.0's What i dont like about the cuddybacks is that the night pictures are bad with 3.0 meg. If I keep the batts fresh i will get some decent pictures. Other than that the cuddybacks are good. My wildgames..... It just seems like there are good and bads one in the bunch. One of mine will take about 20 pictures on brand new batteries and then just die. I have a hard time even putting it in a spot that I like because I can not rely on it. Most of my cams are SD card sensitive. Ive tried them all! SD, SDHC all brands. recently one of my older wildgames started blinking strange when it sensed motion. just a steady red blink about every 15 seconds vs a rapid blinking any time there is movement. Ive yet to figure out whats wrong with that one. Before i leave my cameras I need to make sure it takes and stores a picture. Ive made the switch to lithium this year. Very impressed with lithium vs regular. Anyways I was just thinking about this the other day and I believe that these cameras are made cheep and im noticing them to last about 3 years and then its time to donate them to younger hunters/family and upgrding for myself. Most of my cameras are in the woods 9+months if not year round. fencline cams come down in winter and dont get reset every time. For the amount of effort I put in to my trail cams I want cameras I can trust. Its a bad feeling checking a camera after a month to see only 5 pic and the thing turned off..... frown

I have them all and my moultree (sp) seems to be the best one for me. my wildgame cam black flash i got this year was junk made cheap and GM says after 30 days i have to deal with the manufacturer so i emailed them. After watching the guys who own this company on there TV show Im actually 75 % sure they are honorable and will take care of the problem or have policys in place to fix this. The margins in these camera's seem to be very great so im sure they assume 3-4 % return rate may even be higher.

I had 2 truth cams before never the small ones but both died those kind of deaths when you hike back and leave them in "the spot" only to dream about all the photo's of booners, then you return to find the camera dead, with 2 pix one from testing at home to make sure all is right, and one of nothing just before it dies ..... GRRRRRR

anyway i believe alot of this has to do with the conditions we expect these cameras to work and the Price point we feel is granted for these situations. Me personally i'd rather have 5 game camera's than one 500$ unit. Because even if you could guarantee its life, or lifetime warranty, that would be the first one to get stolen.

It did take them a couple days but they got back to my email with this response.:

Wildgame:

You can send it in to us for a replacement. Call us at 800-847-8269 with the model number so we can issue you a RMA number for the return.

So I will go through with this, it seems very easy and painless