• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Climbing treestands? How much do you bring with?

I've only been using a climber for the better part of 6 months, dating really back to last years gun season and I'm finding it hard to find space for most of the things that I wish to bring with me. How does everybody else that uses a climber pack in the stuff they need, especially when it gets cold and the rut is really going?

I bring everything in a Large Fanny pack. It just buckles on to the side of my climer and it has everything I need in it. Range finder, calls, scents, food, water, gloves, toilet paper, anything you would need.

I carry everything I need/want to bring along in my back pack. Its pretty big and I have plenty of room. I just wear it when I am climbing the tree and then hang it on a Realtree hangar while I am sitting. Works great

I have a fanny pack strapped to each side of my climber and I have all the stuff packed in there. Saw, stocking hat, gloves, grunt call, a tree step, bow hanger, toilet paper, gutting gloves, knife, and there is small pockets on the front that I have string in for pulling up my pack and my bow after I get up there. I always have a pack strapped to the stand with my heavy clothes in it.

I'm trying to find a tree in the right spot more than anything. Anything that's narrow enough for the climber to fit around down to roughly a foot in diameter. I've used those 9-10" trees a time or two, but it's hard to get them to hang on very well & you can't go very high usually.

I haven't used a climber for probably 5 years but this year I will be again... I like clipping my fanny pack around the climber to keep it together and then when I get in the tree i clip it around the tree by the back of the tree

It gets pretty cumbersome carrying all your gear at once so the other thing I did was hang up the horns and bring a rattle bag... I've had just as much success with those than actual horns

Downsize what I am taking into the woods.

Go from a backpack to a fanny pack and leave alot more items in the truck.

Really decide what I need and what is wanted.

I did the same thing years ago.

The bigger the bag, the more krap you bring............

.............but the two smallest things in my pack are the most important (compass and fire).

My list seems long, but everything minus the harness fits in two hands.

All I bring now for a dark to dark hunt is:

Saw (only if I don't have a tree already picked out, or it stays in the truck)

20 water

M&M's or trail mix/jerky

small knife

tag

grunt tube

harness

range finder

lighter and matches

compass with backup

headlamp with one set of extra AAA's

GPS (only if hunting the big woods)

For rifle hunting I leave the rangefinder and grunt tube at home.

The other little things like gloves, hat, phone, and chew are in my jacket pocket.

Downsize what I am taking into the woods.

Go from a backpack to a fanny pack and leave alot more items in the truck.

Really decide what I need and what is wanted.

Im doin this now always had a big bulky pack strapped to my climber but have down sized alot half the junk i brought with i never used and could stay in the truck got a nice fanny pack now should work nice

I also downsized to a fanny pack and use my pockets for stuff I want to access without going into my fanny pack with un-zipping and zipping!

For some reason I always run out of bow hooks for hanging stuff, seems I have to buy some every time I see them at the store!

I use a 3/8" rope around the tree with a Prussic knot attached to the rope so I'm always attched to the tree climbing up!