• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Titleist ProV1(x)

a47mlb

So the Titleist Pro V1(x) commercial has all these different players talking about, "I have a slow swing speed.", "I have an average swing speed." yadda, yadda, yadda. "...and the Pro V1 is the only ball I need." So the commercial is saying it doesn't matter what kind of swing speed you have, the Pro V1(x) is the right ball for everyone.

That's fine, but if that's truly the case, then why does Titleist make 10 different models of balls, if "...the Pro V1 is the only ball you need."?

Just kinda caught me funny.....

It's all about price points. Not everyone wants to pay $43 doz for balls and some don't play enough to care. The pro v1 is the same ball as the nxt only it has a syrlyn (sp) cover. Where the prov1 is suppose to shine is feel and consistency around the green. Over the past few years the other companies have gone after the pro v1 in their marketing campaigns saying that it is only for the pros and their ball is better for the avg player. Now Titleist is trying to refute that.

Pro v1 has been the only ball I have played for 5 years but now I also like the yellow Srixon B330.

They make the other balls cause not everyone cares to spend $50 for 12 golf balls. I have also been using the pro v's pretty much since I started, and don't plan on making a switch anytime soon. If I have to choose a second ball I would also go with the Srixon Z-Star. (I think that's what you meant 10,000 casts, Bridgestone makes the B330.)

after a season of discovery, I have settled on Pro V1's or B330's, depending on what kind of remanufactured ones I can find at Target.....I love the feel of the Pro v1's and the distance I get get from the 330's

I have played some of the srixon's and I just can't get past the hard plastic feeling cover in my hand

Back when I was in the industry, I used to turn people towards some srixon models because the Pro-V1s were always sold out... I've used them some and can't complain for 20-30 dollars a dozen.

That said... Since 2002 I haven't used any other ball than a Pro V1... though the past 4 seasons I've been using the Pro V1* and settled that it's the best ball for me.

If I can't find the reman ones at target, I bite the bullet and buy the regular dozen.

I will never sacrifice feel around the greens for anything, and honestly since my Titleist Professional/Tour Balata/Maxfli Revolution days in the 1990s, I haven't found anything I like more than the Pro V.

I love the Pro V 1's. I've tried many others, and while many preform well of the tee, and with wedges; the pro v 1's give me more control with my mid irons.( 4-7)These are the irons i'm many times hitting into greens and to par 3's. I can stick a v 1, but can't holdem with anything else. I'm 60,short, fat,and with a bad shoulder. smile I don't have the swing speed for the X's. A couple of the YOUNGER guys i know, have to use the X so they don't spin them off the greens.

Quote:
(I think that's what you meant 10,000 casts, Bridgestone makes the B330.)

ya, the Srixon. I haven't hit the Bridgestone and I like the Pentas but there is a huge difference from when its cold vs hot, great ball when it's 90 degrees but it seems heavier and harder when it's under 70 degrees.

I give sleeves Pro V1 to my clients ($1000 worth a year) and it always amazes me how many people say "jeez, I'm not good enough to use these, I'm just a weekend golfer"... And I think to myself, who cares they are free. But it goes to show you what the avg guy thinks ths Pro V1 is only for the super rich and pros. My Dad who is 59 still thinks that rock had Top Flights get him more distance and he won't get off it.

ya, the Srixon. I haven't hit the Bridgestone and I like the Pentas but there is a huge difference from when its cold vs hot, great ball when it's 90 degrees but it seems heavier and harder when it's under 70 degrees.

I thought I had posted about the Pentas and temperature changes but I guess not. I agree though. It seems once the temps go below 75 degrees, I'm better off hitting the RBZ balls or something equivalent.

I remember you posting that Lep!( and i'm old with a lousy memory!! grin)

I'm also amazed with how many people will not play a ball if it has some light scuffs on it!Years back a golf mag. did a test on the affects of scuffs on a golf balls performance. a light scuf had no effect, then they continued on to a ball that was beat up baddly( the kind i put in the shag bag) and that only lost 3-4 %.

Another way to save some money it to buy either X outs, or one marked as a practice ball. A rep for the Pro V 1 said they only make one type of Pro V 1. If it has any surface imperfection it becomes a practice ball. I've compared them to a new one. I couldn't see anything! If the ball had any type of strcutural problem it got tossed. So don't shy away from them either.

I love the Pro-V1 and play with them but I have a few other balls that I think as just as good. End of last season I won a bunch of Bridgestone B330-RX. Love these balls. Have the same feel and spin as the Pro-V's, but I think the Pro-V's are just a lil softer when putting. Play either one of them and you can't be wrong, IMHO. This past spring when it was still cooler, I started hitting the new Taylormade RBZ and really like them as well. They are still a 3 piece ball just like the high end balls, but lil different cover. These balls were stupid long for me, but just couldn't spin them like a Pro-V. Liked them better than the Penta actually.