• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lockout

Bear55

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AHL has some pretty good hockey. KHL games can be fun to watch and with college rolling, there should be enough games to whet the appetite.

Yep there is plenty of good hockey, I'm just pizzed we landed Parise and Suter and now have to sit around and wait for them.

Did that situation help the owners case, no. But, that also only happened for a few contracts.

The real problem is that to make people think you are trying to make a good team, you have to spend money to sign players to contracts. To make people come to your games, you need to make them think you have a good team or will have a good team soon. To make money, people need to go to games. Now, this all means that to have a shot at making money, you need to sign good players to contracts. When players are demanding ridiculous contracts and there are desperate owners out there, people are bound to get overpaid. If this happens enough, the league starts losing money. When this happens, no one makes money. If no one makes money, the league no longer exists.

It's tough to feel sorry for the players who demand to make 57% of revenue regardless of what the profit is. It get's tougher when they have their boy Sid up there whining about how unfair everyone is being to them. Sorry Sid, but if the people who pay you aren't making money, you aren't going to make money. It's a tough concept, I know.

What specific contracts did the owners not want to honor? I was under the impression that they wanted contract reductions as part of the agreement and this would effect every player. Approximately 10% across the board. Owners are making money and should honor their agreements, they just want to make more. The owners should lift the lockout, continue to negoitate, and let the fans have the game back and not hold everybody hostage!

I believe the initial reference was to a few owner making a few deals in the hours leading up to the lockout. Then they asked for salary rollbacks. The specific deals, I don't know. But, the owners did offer to honor all contracts to their full value plus interest. This was rejected because Fehr wants the players to not miss out on any money lost by the lockout. This makes no sense.

The average NHL career is only 3 years. The average NHL player is standing to lose 1/3 of his earnings by this. I don't know how Fehr has convinced these guy this is a good idea.

The avg. NHLer's career is something like 3 years. I don't see how sitting out an entire year would benefit the avg. player. They are taking a bullet for Fehr and the star players if they sit the entire season. It seems like the players just do what the union says instead of the other way around.

Might as well just call the season a wash.. Why anyone even thinks for a second there's gonna be some miracle season is just wasting their time

We are heading in this direction, there was some mild hope a while back but that appears to have fallen about. There might be a small window to save this season but things have to happen soon.

Looks like it's getting worse. Players calling Bettman a "cancer" that has been "looting this game for far too long" and Bettman calling the players cattle. Both sides moving further apart and now making things personal. Call it a year.

It's tough to feel sorry for the players who demand to make 57% of revenue regardless of what the profit is.[/quote]

HUH? ....

I know one thing once they get a new deal, Bill Daly and Bettman need to be terminated, they've been looting this game for far too long.

Go Wild~

Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I’d like Gary Bettman, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, hopeless, heartless, fat-headed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey S@# he is! Hallelujah! Holy S@#! Where’s the Tylenol?

(Disclaimer: just a joke...famous quote copied from another page!!)

PS-The lack of NHL Hockey has gotten the better of me! LOL laugh