• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lockout

Bear55

Not looking good for this season frown

Quote:
The 2013 Winter Classic has officially been canceled.

The news of the cancellation leaked hours ago and even if it hadn't, the news has been widely suspected for days. As a result, the official announcement is hardly revealing, though it is still very unfortunate. NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly called the decision to cancel the game "unavoidable," but of course it could have been avoided if the union and NHL had agreed to a new CBA months or even weeks ago. The good news for Leafs and Red Wings fans is that the next Winter Classic will still be held in Michigan Stadium and feature those two teams - it just won't happen during the 2012-13 campaign.

Quote:
To the surprise of no one, NHLPA boss Don Fehr is blaming the NHL for the cancelation of the Winter Classic.

Fehr pointed out that it was the owner's that started this lockout and ultimately it was the NHL that canceled the game. That is of course true, but the players have also chosen to pass on every offer that the NHL has presented them with, just as the owners have in turn balked at the union's proposals. Both sides have had opportunities to end this lockout already and the only reason we're in this position is because both sides still believe that they have something to gain by not inking the other sides proposals.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the solution to this B.S lockout. We the fans need to organize a lockout. They are fighting over our money. No fans means no money to fight over. Problem solved for both sides. Or start a new league. Then maybe Minnesota could be the North Stars again!

Quote:
How about we all box up our locoed garbage and drop it off at the door to the X and buy nothing to replace it. Start our own protest.
Quote:
I have the solution to this B.S lockout. We the fans need to organize a lockout. They are fighting over our money. No fans means no money to fight over. Problem solved for both sides. Or start a new league. Then maybe Minnesota could be the North Stars again!

The Fans always come back as has been proven time n' time and again.

It looks the Bettman and the Owners are going to slowly bleed the Players and Fehr into submission!

Hopefully the league will shut down this year, Fehr will agree to a deal which causes the players to have lost money in the long run, and then Fehr is fired. I think this is the best outcome for the NHL long term.

A league won't exist if it doesn't make money. Right now, the NHL isn't making money. If the players really want to feel cheated, work a 7AM-5PM like the rest of us do. That's what will happen with Fehr in charge.

Hopefully the league will shut down this year, Fehr will agree to a deal which causes the players to have lost money in the long run, and then Fehr is fired. I think this is the best outcome for the NHL long term.

A league won't exist if it doesn't make money. Right now, the NHL isn't making money. If the players really want to feel cheated, work a 7AM-5PM like the rest of us do. That's what will happen with Fehr in charge.

Where would a guy start with something so preposterous ....

Yeah, you are right. I do want to watch hockey and if I were, I probably wouldn't be b1tching on here about it.

To say that I'm jealous about a hockey player making more than I do, I disagree with that. I fully understand that every NHL player is going to make more than I will. I don't think that a system which props up salaries to unsustainable levels is a good idea.

If I go into work one day and they say, "hey, we have to cut salaries because we aren't making money" I would say OK, I like where I work and I think things will get better in the future so I take it and move on. I can say this because it happened in 2009.

Revenue does not equal profit. Revenue is the money you make before all of your expenses. If your expenses are greater than your revenue, it does not matter how much revenue you made, in the end you lots money. This happened to 22 of 30 teams.

Is baseball better off right now? How great is it to see the same couple teams in the playoffs each year? Anyone sick of the Yankees yet? I've stopped watching for this reason.

We'll see what happens by next week. Go Wild!

Everyone does realize that the more they agree to pay the players, the more the tickets will cost eek

I used to have season tickets to the North Stars, and split tickets with someone to the Wild in their earlier years. I also had Viking tickets. With the cost of most tickets doubling the last 10 years, or less, I will go to a couple games, here and there, but there is no way I will forlk over the kind of money to buy season tickets ever again.

I still go to a quite a few Wolves games, since they are still offering good seats, at a good price. But once they start winning more games, I am sure that will end as well.

So how the NHL and the Owners have spent the billions and billions of dollars the PLAYERS have made them is the players fault?

We, the common Joe/rube have been priced out a long time ago in all Pro Sports. No matter what deal the players take this time that isn't going to change.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree who's more to blame on this one!

Go Wolves! .. grin

I won't agree to that! wink

Go Wolves? That's the worst part of this lockout.

Granlund is hurt, sprained ankle out 4 weeks. So is Brodin with a broken collar bone, out 2-3months. Even if we do see the NHL back in a few weeks, we probably won't see either of those two immediately. I'm still looking forward to seeing Granlund. He's been a stud, but we'll see how durable he is in the NHL.

If I needed a union to keep my job or to get a raise, I would be ashamed. The owners invested and should make money or they would invest in other things. The good players make lots of money, and the others will make less. People go to watch the good players, and the others are lucky to ride along. The unions and companies should work together and not against each other.

Everyone does realize that the more they agree to pay the players, the more the tickets will cost eek

I used to have season tickets to the North Stars, and split tickets with someone to the Wild in their earlier years. I also had Viking tickets. With the cost of most tickets doubling the last 10 years, or less, I will go to a couple games, here and there, but there is no way I will forlk over the kind of money to buy season tickets ever again.

I still go to a quite a few Wolves games, since they are still offering good seats, at a good price. But once they start winning more games, I am sure that will end as well.

Good thing you'll never have to worry about Wolves tickets going up in price then