• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best place for arrows???

MUSKY18

Now that I have a new bow, I need to upgrade my arrows too. I know that I want to shoot Carbon Express Piledrivers and have found a couple different places in St Cloud that carry them. If I bring in one of the arrows that I currently have, will they cut them to size and put inserts in them as part of the arrow cost or is that an extra fee? Is there any one store that might be better to purchase the arrows from?

I'd say a quiver? wink

The best place is relative. For me, I am willing to pay a few bucks more to know that I am getting the proper arrow, properly cut and squared, and properly fletched. That may be a box store in one area, a specialty store in another area, the internet, or in your own basement.

Just purchased mine for AC yesterday. I'm not sure that it matters, but I like the specialty stores because they are very informative of the quality of the arrows and all arrows are tested (to my understanding) so you will know the quality of each brand or model. Also they include the nocks, inserts, fletching and cutting in the price.

You may want to just bring your new bow in when purchasing rather than an old arrow, that way they will be measured and cut properly.

I know Mikes is another specialty store, and Scheels I believe cut them in their bicycle shop. Wherever you decide to purchase them, be sure they cut them there and then, otherwise it will cost you to bring them somewhere else.

Got mine there also but lost about 7 nocks while shooting into block targets they must have used bad or cheap glue becuase they kept coming out other then that they have tons of different arrows

????? What are you shooting for arrows? I haven't had a arrow that needed a glued knock for years.

Buckmaster hit it. Go to an archery pro shop. Bring your bow. There's no guarantee that the arrows you now have will be the correct size and weight for your new bow. Have a pro set you up with the proper arrows for your new bow at your draw length at the weight you'll be shooting.

Not sure what shop is closest to Sauk Center, but I'm certain there's something not too far from you.

Buckmaster hit it. Go to an archery pro shop. Bring your bow. There's no guarantee that the arrows you now have will be the correct size and weight for your new bow. Have a pro set you up with the proper arrows for your new bow at your draw length at the weight you'll be shooting.

Thanks DonBo! To elaborate on what you said. Just because you shot one type of arrow or weight with your old bow doesn't mean your new one will prefer the same type of arrow. Draw Length, Draw Weight, Weight of arrow, Spine of arrow, and Straightness of arrow are all things to take into consideration, which is why I prefer the specialty shops.

I made the mistake a couple years ago of finding an ad in the paper for some arrows and picking them up because they were cheap. Not only did I buy a low quality arrow, it wasn't the right fit for the weight I was drawing, AND I had to bring them elsewhere to be cut I.E Scheels and they weren't cut at the optimal length; which in turn affected the patterns I was shooting (I suppose one good argue it was the operator crazy )

Thanks guys.....guess I should have been more clear on my posting. The Carbon Express Piledrivers that I want to get came with my new bow. But I only got 4 of them for practice, so I want to buy some new ones to use for hunting. That's why I figured I could just bring one of the arrows I already have, already the right length, weight, etc. I'll be headed to AC on Friday after work. Its only a 30 mile drive down the freeway. I'll be sure to bring my bow with as well!

Sorry for the confusion, my fingers seem to type faster than my brain can think............but thanks for all the suggestions!