• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thorne Brothers Mystery Tournament - Still a mystery

IcePro

In the Goose Lake tournament there were a couple guys who didn't have a great day on the water and weren't feeling that good about their smallish bag of fish. Turns out no one went for the smallest 5-fish bag so they won the $200 for smallest bag AND the Daiwa reels for $400 worth of stuff!! Turned that frown upside down in a hurry!

That was us with the smallish bag, 13.8 I believe, we had a ton of fun though, and it was both our first time on this lake, we didn't do to much exploring, we found all our fish at our first spot and caught about 45 fish through out the day we just couldn't pull enough size out of that one spot, hind sight tells me we should have checked the "other" side a little bit more or went over their earlier. Either way it was alot of fun, until about 1:00 then the sun started to take its toll and we should have been swimming instead of fishing!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was us with the smallish bag, 13.8 I believe, we had a ton of fun though, and it was both our first time on this lake, we didn't do to much exploring, we found all our fish at our first spot and caught about 45 fish through out the day we just couldn't pull enough size out of that one spot, hind sight tells me we should have checked the "other" side a little bit more or went over their earlier. Either way it was alot of fun, until about 1:00 then the sun started to take its toll and we should have been swimming instead of fishing!

Hey, thanks for the jigs btw... I caught a few fish on your blue/greenpumkin swimjig that day!

everyone knows the weight before the boats hit the water. That way you can aim for the loomis if youd rather have that then cash. The first one i fished on green My best 5 would have went for maybe 15. I knew it wouldn't get me top 3 so i kept fish to try and get the loomis bucks. Had the unfortunate circumstance of a very close fish that was called under 12" so i only weighed 3. Rookie mistake. river rat. You must of been fishing in the stratos by the bridge on goose? I was in the black and gold ranger at the end of the day that thought A landowner was chewing you out.

everyone knows the weight before the boats hit the water. That way you can aim for the loomis if youd rather have that then cash. The first one i fished on green My best 5 would have went for maybe 15. I knew it wouldn't get me top 3 so i kept fish to try and get the loomis bucks. Had the unfortunate circumstance of a very close fish that was called under 12" so i only weighed 3. Rookie mistake. river rat. You must of been fishing in the stratos by the bridge on goose? I was in the black and gold ranger at the end of the day that thought A landowner was chewing you out.

Yep! That's my baby! Haha that was the highlight of the day when you guys thought my dad was reaming us out...classic.

If Fannie gets drawn, will the tournament director have written consent to use a parking lot down the road?? There's only room for a few at the access, assuming it's empty when ya'll show up. This lake should be removed from the list.

BOOOO HA HA HA.. 23 lbs would be tough.. it was only 22 lbs.. and it was John Roundsly and I.. whom are on separate teams.. So, yeah... will be tough to share a spot.. maybe not, my boats faster!!!!! HEAR THAT JOHN!!!! MY BOAT IS FASTER!!!!

As for Fannie, we will have to decide once we see how many boatst show up. if its only 15 .. no prob.. there are 2 accesses, and a huge Walmart parking lot. That said, its only 20% at best.. we will cross that bridge if we have to.. Just like if we draw N/S Center, my chances of catching 23 lbs is only 20%.... LOL and if you believe that.. Well I got shoreline to sell you in Florida!!!

Big Marine Lake, she was a tough one.. as bassburch said, 20+ lbs to win, but they won by a large margin.. Cecil and I got second with 14.20, and third had 11.6 if i remember right. 18 boats.Cecil and I got fish in spurts all day, even pulled one from 28 feet of water.

We battled through! Had to wait a little bit for weather to pass, but once it did, we were good to go.

It was on Horseshoe lake out by Harris. Winning weight was over 17 pounds and 15 pounds made the money. Big fish was 4-13