• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good blind

Jeff13

Primos Double Bull is the only way to go. I have the Darkhorse blind and highly recommend it. They also carry one made for stickbow shooters that is taller than the regular one if that's an issue for a big guy like yourself.

Double Bull are a bit more expensive than most of the others, but I have a few of the others that just sit in the corner of the garage and see little use.

I've got a Darkhorse Recurve model that I like pretty well. I'm 6'3" and can stand up straight. Lots of good blinds available though these days, some pretty reasonable.

For deer, I'd recommend having it airing out and brushing it in a few weeks before you plan to hunt out of it. Deer aren't very fond of blinds and the black portholes. It's fun being on ground level and having the concealment though!

Another value option is the Yukon series. The Barronett version has a ton of room. I have two. One is five years old, the other is three. Not much over $100 ea.. I'm 6'11" and have plenty of room to shoot a bow. I've taken both deer and turkeys. I take kids out a lot and have had three of us in the blind at times without being uncomfortable.

No need to set them up or brush them in for turkeys. For deer, get em out at least a few days early and the more brushed in the better.

I have a Yukon that I have hunted out of the last several years, but the Primos Double Bull's are the only way to go.

Better sight windows and adjustable to wherever the game is coming in on ya from, cause you know they NEVER show up exactly where you want them to.

Primos Double Bull is the only way to go. I have the Darkhorse blind and highly recommend it. They also carry one made for stickbow shooters that is taller than the regular one if that's an issue for a big guy like yourself.

Double Bull are a bit more expensive than most of the others, but I have a few of the others that just sit in the corner of the garage and see little use.

Hey DonBo, me and stepson got one of these, he used for turkey this spring. It is nice, but my prob is that even when going step by step, it is not as easy to open as it should be? Any tricks other than just trying it out a billion times before I "get it"? haha! Thanks for info!

Which part of the opening process is being difficult?

Don's advice for loosening the buckle is right on. Don't give it alot, give it 1/4-1/2" at a time. If it gets too loose the sides won't stay out.

My difficulty was the fabric was too tight for the first step of getting one side to open. Then once I did get it open, the next step never went well until I learned how my blind liked to "fall open". Its hard to explain, but make sure the blind is spread out in a big square before you start opening it. I have to give my blind a little shake for the back side to fall down and then the whole blind opens up just like the video.