• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

sewer line relining

sunniewally

Just wondering how does sewer relining comply with current Minnesota Building codes? Maybe MnNice could answer this one, or anyone else well versed in plumbing code and inspection. As I understand it, minimum i.d.for a sewer leaving a home is four inches, so if you reline it, you are reducing the inside diameter.

I had to replace the sewer line on my duplex in Hopkins. When they got to the street, they relined the portion under the street to avoid tearing up the street and curb. It was done by Pipeline Industries out of St. Paul and was inspected and approved by the City of Hopkins. Pipeline told me they can only reline if the old pipe is in somewhat reasonable condition. They will camera the old line and should be able to tell you ahead of time if it can be relined.

I have heard of this, but have never seen a installation. Assuming the pipe is in good shape, not crushed or out of round to bad, I think I would look very favorable on accepting this install, with camera verification of a tight system.

As far as code acceptance, this is not addressed specifically, but local jurisdictions do have the authority to accept an alternate method of installation, if it has been tested and listed by a approved agency.

Relining is usually done using a thin liner that is pulled into place, expanded and then cured in place. It only reduces the inside diameter by maybe a half inch total.

I actually work for the water/sewer dept in Hopkins and we have this done a few times a year. As was said the key to relining is the condition of the existing line. Lining will not repair broken or damaged pipes.

i AM dealing with a huge project right now that are doing relining systems. These systems are commonly called C.I.P.P (cure in place pipe) One of the better systems out of the 4 that I know of is called permaliner...I will give you 3 people that deal with this system.... Remember these systems are not stand alone, they need a host pipe to be accepted...Wall thickness is about an 1/8 inch thick after cured...It is not in our current plumbing code, I accept it as an alternate. Sent me an e-mail and I will give you the names of 3 [email protected]

I work for a utility dept. in one of the west metro cities and I work alot with Joe's Sewer and Water. His shop is out west. He will open cut your sewer. At this time I don't believe he does lining, but it might be worth a call.