• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Playstation 3 or Xbox 360?

jdfisherman

both have their advantages..I would ask your friends what they have. or your kids what their friends have. If you want to play with buds..you have to have the same system.

PS3 has free system, but it is not as nice as the Xbox online system of chat and party stuff. PS3 is also a blueray player..

I have both, and like both..

i have a ps3 & really like it. i can't speak much for the kids games since i play the call of duty series 99% of the time. most of my buds have 360s which kinda stinks, but i just like the controller alot more on the ps3. it's alot smaller, which come to think of it might be better for munchkin hands. i also feel that online gaming, at least for cod games, is alot more challenging on the ps3. it seems when i play my buds 360 alot of the other gamers are alot sloppier. & the blueray is nice as already mentioned. but this arguement is really personal preference. both are great systems.

If your not looking to get one right now, but maybe later in the year, I do believe both have rumored plans on coming out with their new systems late this year, in the fall. But expect the new systems to be costly, but the present systems should come down in price. I am sure there will be more discussions about the new systems in the summer games event.

I would bet serious money against either new system coming out in 2012. The nex Xbox will likely be holiday season 2013 with new PS a year later, and that is at earliest. This generation is still generating huge dollars for both companies.

When it comes right down to it, go with the console that friends have and perhaps which one has the console exclusive games you would enjoy more.

I have a feeling that Xbox360 and PS3 are gonna be around for a couple more years.. 360 is investing a bit of time and money into the Kenect to become the leader in interactive play.. Playstation and Nintendo are at it again competing for the handheld market with their new releases in the PS Vita and the Wii U...