• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NCAA Tourney Time!

solbes

Here's the setup:

WORECESTER

1. Boston College vs. 16. Air Force

7. Minnesota-Duluth vs. 10. Maine

BRIDGEPORT

3. Union vs. 15. Michigan State

5. Miami vs. 12. Mass.-Lowell

GREEN BAY

2. Michigan vs. 13. Cornell

6. Ferris State vs. 11. Denver

ST. PAUL

4. North Dakota vs. 14. Western Michigan

8. Minnesota vs. 9. Boston University

Discuss!

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NE and Western regionals are pretty tough. Green Bay is no cakewalk either, but man does that Eastern regional look soft.

I see Miami winning the Eastern regional. Duluth in NE in tight match against BC. Denver seems to have too many injuries and game minutes to advance out of the Green Bay, so Michigan there. Honestly can't predict who would win between MN and UND. Maybe Gophers since they have to redeem themselves for that semi game.

I hate ESPN coverage. Bought a XBOX just so I can watch ESPN3 but I don't get ESPNU with it...I just found that out. Gawd dam mother....ers

Agree 150% How can you broadcast one of the national semi final games on ESPNU/3? Even the national friggin championship only merits the Deuce? They have no clue at that network. To think I just deposited a small family fortune at Disney in Orlando.

]Ill be the guy with a 2 year old on his lap next to the darn wife wearing a Sioux sweatshirt.

Not saying that's wrong, but it's certainly not right!

Thanks for setting up the Pick Em again Bear.

We got to bring it Dylan. Last year it was all about how blondes have more fun. 2012 is the year of the mohawk!

full-5554-18758-web_umdm0319c1.jpg

I heard Spencer Abbott might have a concussion? Link below. He didn't play in their last game. Maine will be tough with or without him, but I'd rather pursue the milder version. And can I get a holla for Air Force?

Abbott Injury

Looks like denver is about 6 guys down, including zucker and bennit. I'm not sure what's up with brittan. Hopefully atleast half these guys are healed up.

Hopefully I can leave the wife at home. I got stuck brining her on Saturday and we were on the darn jumbo tron. I tried selling my tickets out front. I couldn't even give them away. Honestly, $40 face value and I couldn't get $10.

Ya maybe Denver will dress 3 defenseman this weekend. I can't imagine trying to skate 4 guys after playing nearly 100 minutes of hockey the night before. It's not an excuse for putting up 0, but it has to factor in.

]The West regional is a cake walk. Easy for the Gophs to advance......

Well I don't want to say easy because there aren't any easy games any more but BU hasn't been great lately (either have we) and the Sioux could be considered the weakest #1 seed in a while. Not that they didn't earn it but this years version of the Sioux doesn't put the fear in you like last years team or this years BC, UMD, and Michigan. Union, Miama, and Ferris migth be good this year but they just don't seem scary good. I do think the Gophs have some of that scary good talent this year, there just seems to be little disconnect between that talent and the execution needed to win a big game, we will see.

I think Denver is gonna lay an egg against ferris St. That team just doesn't look like your typical Denver team against the Sioux Saturday. I'm not sure what happen there. If UND and Gopher meet in the finals for the West I'm gonna try to score some tickets for it. Whats the likely hood of someone getting tickets late Saturday early Sunday for that game?

If the gophs are going to do anything at all in this years tourney Bjugstad and Patterson have to be their best players. They were FAR from it last weekend. Patterson has played average at best for the second half of the season in my opinion and was completely outplayed by Dell saturday night. Time for the senior to step it up a notch or the gophs are going home early...

Tickets always available on several interweb sites or even out front...for an amount you may or may not be willing to spend.

Beavs get a first round bye in this tourney too? Can't find them listed anywhere. wink

If the gophs are going to do anything at all in this years tourney Bjugstad and Patterson have to be their best players. They were FAR from it last weekend. Patterson has played average at best for the second half of the season in my opinion and was completely outplayed by Dell saturday night. Time for the senior to step it up a notch or the gophs are going home early...

Bjugs and Patterson haven't been as good in the 2nd half that is for sure. It kind of sounds like Bjugstad has had a nagging injury since world jrs, he still looks good just not an dominant. I don't know what it up with Patterson, maybe just putting too much pressure on himself I have no clue. He just needs to be good, not great and we have a chance to win.

Poor Bryce, guy has a beaver obsession, here you go bud.

beaver_457_600x450.jpg

I dont know if Denver even wanted to win that game. 6 games in what 9 days. 4 maybe 5 overtimes. Hurt guys all over their roster. Hopefully they can heel up, but it sounds like they are going to be short for the NCAA.

Bjugsteds been hurt since the wjc, it sounds like he separated his shoulder and has a deep collar bruise or something. Enough to slow you down I suppose.

Patterson, he has never been that good. He has just been consistent. He has a real tough time if he cant see the puck. Most goalies figure out when they are about 25, that they need more then just their athletic ability to be a great goalie. Patterson is a perfect example of a guy relying on athletics rather then skill and fundamentals.