• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King of the Cats 2012

DTro

Dang Darren,

this must have been the reason I felt the need to get the cat gear out and ready for the season. now I have to go channel cat fishing tommorrow. thanks for opening up the channel division a month early.

now I have to go channel cat fishing tommorrow.

You know you would have gone weather Darren opened this up or not grin. I feel the itch too. Weather is nice, the river is low and the barometer will fall all afternoon so you couldn't ask for a better day to get out wink.

Hey guys. So some of you might recognize me from the boards, I've posted here and there for the past couple years. I've fished the MN River for a couple years now, but this summer my buddy and I really want to get into it, so I think we're going to enter into KoTC this year. So there's no sign up? Just submit the fish as we catch them? Looking forward to fish with you guys this year!

The channel cats are rollin in!

I started almost a month early and already 35 fish entered.

Not only that but 3 gals in the top 5.

Very cool!

I had 58 degree water temp tonight and the flats won't be far behind...except it's not April 1st yet. Now I have to decide to start that early now too.

Very cool DTro congrats to all and good luck to all that enter the KTOC this season.

Can't say this enough Thanks to you guys that make this happen each year and thanks goes to all that enter fish because if you guys and gals didn't we wouldn't have this much fun and it's all free.

DTro a big thanks goes to you for everything you do.

See ya on the water

There will be another girl entered as soon as the boat gets wet! Been a great year already! Thanks dtro for all your work! This is an awesome thing u got going! If I found someone to donate prizes would that be ok!? Got a couple places that I think I can talk into it!

Congrats to the gals!

Dtro, I would leave the flats alone until 4/1. A few may bite, but most arent ready. If a few catch them before then, consider it prefishing. JMO

I like that idea only because theres no way my boat will be floating by March 31...lol

What a crazy year it has already been for 2012. All other years at this time, I’m creating a post kicking off the start of the season, and even then not expecting fish to be entered for a couple of weeks, but yet here we are at April 1st and we already have 57 channel cats entered. Not only that, but a few flatheads also could have been entered had I started that season early.

It should be a very interesting April. Good luck!

The year is rolling along swiftly, with over 100 fish entered already! Lots of big flats and channels on the board and even the 200pt barrier has already been broken on the flathead side. By far the earliest that has ever happened. The recent rain and high water coming will probably throw a wrench into the plan for a while, but the end result could be a spectacular June!

I also wanted to mention that I will be having a one day contest on Pool 2 of the Miss on 6/23. This is an invitational contest limited to 25 boats with a top prize of $500. I also have some very nice prizes to give away plus Gordie has constructed an awesome trophy. This is going to be a fun event, and I can honestly say that some of the best catfish anglers in the Metro area will be participating.

In addition to that, the MNDNR will be involved by doing some tagging and data collecting of the fish we catch.

I only have about 5 spots left to fill and we will be maxed out. If anyone is interested, please shoot me an email [email protected] and I will reply with all the details.

Yeah we have had a little friendly competition the past couple if years. We started another one this spring. Katmando already has a pretty healthy score from his rainy trip. He will be tough to beat.

I clicked on the link to the King/Queen of the cats page for the first time. Ta be honest with ya that is one of the coolest things ive ever seen. Sum nice cats, and the scroll at the top of the page with the pics over the river bottoms is very nice. Congrats