• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deadliest Catch- Season 8

McGurk

Starts Tuesday, April 10th. No more CM, and the Harris bros are each on a different ship. The 5 boats are the Northwestern, Time bandit, Wizard, Kodiak, and Ramblin Rose.

There is a vid here that I can't find the info to embed here, so I hope it's OK to link to E.W.'s webstite to find the vid. Look here:

Deadliest Catch Season 8 Promo on E.W.

Jonathan's grand-daughter almost brought me to tears.

I didn't get into the CM as much as the NW or TB, I guess. That was a great storyline, father and sons, especially with the core audience of "tough guys," but I like to see the others as much. I liked seeing NW Jake come from greenhorn to deckhand to deckboss to captain in training under Sig and Edgar, and I hope to see more good from him. The Time Bandit is just a blast to watch regardless. I agree with the Wizard and the hated Keith, but HE WILL FILL POTS no matter what his attitude is, and the crew should respect that. The Ramblin Rose is just an also ran, along with the Kodiak, but you have to fill airtime. I'll watch...

Was good to see some more action again. I think I watched 4 or 5 rerun episodes on Sunday at my FIL's.

Time Bandit crew is my favorite. I think it would be the only boat where you could have a good shot at making money while not going completely insane. Those guys have some fun, thats for sure.

Also like watching the NW and Seabrooke. You knew Edgar was going to be back. He was probably paid by Discovery so they could have a new storyline with Jake. Ramblin Rose and Kodiak are fine. Keith is wired up so tight, not sure how his ticker can handle it.

Looks like there are tough times ahead this season.

Not sure if anyone reads any of Tucker Maxes books there pretty funny just stories about him getting drunk and what not but he went up to Alaska and spent time with the Time Bandit and met the different crews had some pretty funny stories in there one real good Keith to.

Did anyone else watch last night? They need to kick Jake Harris off the show. The man is a meth head. There's no doubt in my mind that's he's moved passed pills to meth. His face was absolutely full of meth sores at Jake Anderson's wedding and he was beyond distant mentally when he talked. He needs a wake up call.

I too worry about him, when Josh went to his house to ask him if he wanted to get on his boat, Jake was looking a bit rough.

I have to say: I am really impressed with Jake A and how he has bettered himself from Greenhorn to deckhand to almost-deck boss to laying a string out under Sig. He has been blessed with 2 great mentors (Sig and Edgar) since sister died and his Dad passed. I don't see many of the other young guys doing that in 5 years, let alone a son of a captain (Jake H). I wish Josh the best of luck, but I think Jake needs to be off of a boat for a year or 2 to clean up, before teaming up.

I watched the whole season, thought it was good. Love the time bandit boys and the NW. Gotta love edger.

Jake Harris is a mess and needs to just go away. Sleeping all of the time and then has the nerve to ask if he can pull a few pots at the end? Meth-head NO DOUBT! Doesnt have a good head on his shoulders like his brother.

yup, my buddy got into meth 2 years ago, had the same face features, that is what I thought about Jake H too.

Jake Anderson is a true man way to go.

Capt Elliott needs to take Edgar advice a few years ago, as he said to Jake A, "check your feelings at the door" dude, the chick put a restraining order on you, wake up. I would be shocked if the owner keeps him on another season

yup, my buddy got into meth 2 years ago, had the same face features, that is what I thought about Jake H too.

I was wondering about that. They seemed to make a point of having his face the focus of the shots during the wedding part of the show. I could only guess that it is easier taking that stuff than trying to light up...especially on a small boat like the NW.

Jake Harris and crabbing do not go together anymore. He needs rehab, and he needs to find a career where the temptations of drugs will not be as severe. Those kind of long hours, big money, and tough conditions do not mix well with a hard core junkie.

I'm with all of you on seeing Jake Anderson and Josh being ready to step up. In fact if the show is going to go anywhere beyond another season, they need to follow the passing of the torch storylines: Sig-->Edgar & Jake, Keith --> Monte, Wild Bill-->Son, and Jake Harris getting a shot somewhere. Elliot is like a train wreck that you can't avoid watching, and I really like Scott Campbell of the Seabrooke. I like the Time Bandit guys but unless they pass the torch too, theres not much more story there. We've seen most everything in 8 years.