• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone up for a ride?

leech~~

This coming weekend Walleye fishing closes which will pretty much open up my schedule for the rest of the winter. Anyone or group up for a sled ride if we get some good snow in the next few weeks? Have trailer will travel! North shore , Tower, Ely areas maybe the best bet. wink

Well maybe someone will get the itch to ride once this pile of snow hits this week!

Lets ride! cry

Wouldn't mind a "tag-a-long" with a group riding somewhere. Again have trailer with one empty spot! Give me a PM if any group has an opening for one more sled in the next few weeks. Thanks.

Leech your up in Crosslake right!?

mr

No down in the cities. We have a camper up there which I'm at all summer. But, I will come up there if that's were you want to ride. I know the area above Cross Lake very well and there are some good trails up there in the woods.

Leech don't make plans just for me, my plans can and will change like the wind with two young kids and a potential school closings tomorrow and that will make me home bound unless something happens and they can make it in tomorrow.

mr

Well coming home tonight and finding this after work! I almost wasn't going to go riding anywhere this year if this would have fallen a foot or two the other way! It was a lot bigger then pic shows as I had to edit to fit. I hate Chinese Elm's mad

full-27051-18152-looper011.jpg

Leech lets start at Two Harbors and head to the Tressel for lunch
Either TH or Finland. Sounds like a plan. This could be the last good weekend of the winter. Anyone else that wants to meet up on the Northshore chime in! We are riding on Sunday. wink

We were up there today, trails were awesome. Trail from Twig to the north shore was excellent as usual. North shore trail was good, not perfect, but was to be groomed tonight and Saturday night form what I heard. We rode 70+ miles on freshly groomed trails before we ever saw another sled. After 11am the traffic started picking up but trails remained good. We were on track for a 300 mile day, until a crankshaft decided to give up on my buddies sled at 130 miles when we were north of Finland. So, technically I ended up with 150 after towing him back 20 miles.

As we were checking it out a really good guy stopped and offered to help and ended up giving us a ride back to my truck. Thanks again Adam!

HOLY COW was there ever a CONVOY of trucks and trailers heading up 35 when we were coming home. Take it easy guys and watch the corners, probably be someone around every one of them the way it looked. smile

Woke up to 5 inches of fresh snow up here in the Duluth area this morning ,,,The weather guessers said maybe 1-2
Great since we are going Sunday there will still be some left after the Sat riders beat it up! wink

Leech lets start at Two Harbors and head to the Tressel for lunch
Did you get that trail map I sent you? It doesn't list the Trestil Inn but it is at Crooked Lake lodge on Crooked Lake.

Great place for a burger right on the trail! See you guys in the morning it should be a great day on the trails! wink

We are doing a day ride which is open for anyone to join us, meeting at the Lester river parking lot at 8:00am to trailer up the shore. Should be a very good day for a ride if not one of the last weekends before it starts melting? smile