• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2007 Ranger Reata

bigeyes75

Thinking of buying a used 07 1850vs Reata with a 150 yamaha and a t-8 kicker. The problem is, it is in Ohio. I will not be able to see it until I buy it. The guy will meet me in Chicago.

Anyone have this boat?

Any problems or things I should be aware of?

What do you think would be a fair price on a boat like this?

I know what NADA states.

Just looking for some ballpark figures on what people may have paid for a boat like this. I have been researching them for a week. The price range is all over the board.

And I know, a fair price is what you will pay. Just looking for others price range.

Do you think it is worth paying to have a mechanic go through the boat before I purchase it?

The problem with buying that boat so faraway from your home is when you meet with him and look it over you don't know if everything works 100%. he may tell you it does but from exspearance don't beleave what he says make him prove it! Test drive it, and if the boat is not what you thought it would be walk away from it. Look for something closer to home

I have an 07 yar craft with a 150 and a t-8

terrova #80 2 lowrance 520's marine band radio

snap out carpet...prestige trailer with crome wheels

Its similiar to the reta but 20 ft i'm asking 29,900 for mine

so i would think if his is any thing close and is in good shape

it should be somwhere where around that maybe alittle cheaper cuz its only 18ft but it does carry the ranger name so that worth a few bucks

i've talked with guys that have retas they all seem to like em

i think this time of though there should be a fair amount of boats on the market something closer might be a safer bet

did he say how many hrs are on the boat..why he's selling..i would do like wolf said to you should be able to find open water somewhere if you are going to meet him down that way..kinda risky..does he have a tranferable warrenty ???

The 1850 with a 150 Yamaha is a sweet boat. It's typical Ranger/Yamaha quality so you know what it's built like.

I purchased my last boat sight unseen, but the owner did sent me about 80 digital pics taken the day before of every square inch of the boat so I knew what kind of shape it was in. Have him take it to a dealer and get a engine report of the hours and RPM range for you.

On my boat, we test drove it and completed the deal, no problems. If the owner is sceptical of doing any of that for you then I'd be sceptical of the owner.

What's in worth? This time of year I'd have to put it in the 26-28K range. What is he asking for it if you don't mind?

Price is 26K. The problem is that I have to drive 12 plus hours to pick it up. I have a ton of pictures and the boat looks mint. They guy is also willing to bring it to his dealer to have it tested.

As far as water testing, I don't think that will be able to happen. I have two days to drive down and get it and get it home. My driving buddy only has two days.

I spoke to a Ranger dealer who said if it was him he would drive down and get it in a heart beat. If the condition is what he states it is.

Have the motors been winterized? Even if they are, you may want to ask they meet you some where to put muffs on them. ( just a thought!) Or check your maps to see if there is a boat ramp in the area of where you're meeting to back the boat in and fire the motors up. Otherwise, see how the motors check out. Then make your decission.

You always take a chance, even after test driving. I bought a Ranger bass boat years back. Drove it, and everything seemed great. That winter i found out the lower unit had a bad seal. Cost me a new prop shaft, bearings, and labor. Spendy; yes! But after that, the boat gave me no problems for many years til i sold it.I was still happy with my purchase.

It wouldn't bother me a bit to pull the trigger on that boat. Worst case scenario is you get there and for some reason don't like it, well you just got a weekend trip to Chicago? Buy some hotdogs and come home and your only our some gas money. I'm sure you've wasted more money than that before. At least I have.

If your still worried about it, make an appointment at the Ranger dealer in Chicago and run it in their shop and look at it with their people. It might cost you a couple hundred to have the shop look at it with you but it would give you the piece of mind your looking for.

Thinking of buying a used 07 1850vs Reata with a 150 yamaha

That's what my father in law has. Sweet boat, hope it works out for you. Sounds like having it tested at a dealer isn't a bad idea.

kinda of another thought is

you said you have lots of pictures

look at the background of those pictures are they in his garage

in front of his house does it look like he takes care of things in general...sometimes is he an older guy young guy

never did say why he selling it

26k doesnt seem real bad

i'm hoping you offered him like 22 23k

i would think in ohio that kinda money for a used boat is kinda of a hard sell as to say in wisc or mn make him squirm alittle if you have to travel make it a good deal..i had to drive bout 6-7 hr one way when i bought mine but i made them pay for that

I buy and sell boats casually and looked for that boat for about 2 years to keep for myself. I ended up with the '05 Stratos version and it's great, my dad has the reatta 2050. As for the test drive - I think having it checked by a dealer and talking to the mechanic covers most of your bases, however that's a lot of coin to drop without a test drive.

As for price - I wouldn't put much faith in NADA for boat. I never even look those up. Ranger's resale is crazy and honestly I think you're paying for the name a little (I said a little don't flame me). 26k sounds like a good deal to me (depending on the electronics) but I don't know if it's a drop what you're doing, drive 12 hours and don't test drive it insane deal. I would think this spring and summer you'll be able to find one local that you can test drive for around that price. I recently saw an '05 no kicker sell FAST through craig for 20k although that was a fluke. Next to that the cheapest asking price I've seen on the ranger model is 23-25k. I bought my stratos with no kicker and sub par electronics for 17.7k.

On a separate note, the guy is willing to drive to Chicago to meet??? Isn't he worried you won't show?? Maybe desperation on his part.

Good luck, let us know what happens and post pics.

The Reatas are great boats. I have the 2050, but rode in many 1850's before I pulled the trigger on the 2050. Quality and fit and finish is top notch on all Ranger products.

26K-ish sounds like a decent deal, especially with the T-8 attached. Not a steal, but a decent price. I agree with MnFishinguy. Meet up at a certified Ranger or Yammy dealer, and have them hook the motor up tp the computer. It'll give you a diagnostic rundown on the motor, and let you know if anything is wrong with it, and how many hours it has on it.

I own a 2007 1860 Angler with a 150 Yamaha... great combo IMO. Based on the "sale price" of $39k I saw at the boat show for my same boat/motor with very few accessories (electronics, extra seats, etc.) I would say that $26k for the Reata you are looking at is a pretty fair price especially when you factor in the kicker motor. Good luck with whatever you decide!

boatfixer... i have it listed on here

so i guess i thought it was ok to mention it

marine_man

i hear i love the motor no complaints i'm not positive i'm going to sell but if i dont get to work very very soon there will be no alternative i have to much equity in it to let the bank take it

fell on some tough times here

i like both the boat and the motor as has been well documented on here...lol